Sales Director, Food business, EMEAI F/H multi-location
Zaventem, Belgium, Finland, Vienna, Austria, Paris, France, Tres Cantos, Spain, Upplands Vasby, Sweden, London, United Kingdom, Berlin, Germany
We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants. PerkinElmer is looking for a motivated, proven and experienced sales professional to expand our growth in the life science arena. If you are entrepreneurial and enjoy selling capital equipment by employing a consultative sales approach utilizing various organizational assets with the ability to understand scientific application and supporting technology than this is a great opportunity for you.
What makes a successful ‘sales specialist’ at PerkinElmer?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener 10
- Strategic 10
- Problem-solver 9
- Mediator 8
- Results-driven 7
- Quick-thinking 6
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Skilled presenter
It Starts with a Mission
Our quest to improve life goes back to our earliest innovators, but the challenges we face today have never been greater.
At PerkinElmer our mission is to innovate for a healthier world, and it starts with our exceptional employees.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Holidays and Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
- Zaventem, Flanders
- Vienna, Vienna
- Paris, Île-de-France Region
- Tres Cantos, Madrid
- Upplands Vasby, Stockholm
- London, England
- Berlin, Land Berlin
Food manufacturers use our systems to screen for critical factors such as ingredient adulteration and food safety and quality – helping protect customers and the integrity of their brands.
PerkinElmer is looking for its Sales Director, Food business, EMEAI responsible for driving the EMEAI sales teams towards key business objectives, such as: sales excellence, profitable growth and strategic positioning.
Support the Sr. Global Sales Director, Food business, in the design of the EMEAI business and sales strategies.
Ensure that Emerging Territory Sales execution is supported in case of product positioning and pre-sales execution needs.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a top end provider of analytical solutions.
- Lead the EMEAI Sales Leaders in achieving top-class product positioning, generating competitive advantage and brand recognition and provide sales direction with focus on business expansion activities in alignment with business goals for the EMEAI for product portfolio
- Owns the European Sales P&L, sales strategy and execution and manages Business Review at EMEAI level, being responsible for providing accurate forecasting and reporting
- Drive the Sales organization towards innovative sales solutions, focusing on the value driven by breakthrough solutions on new Application and Methods and provide direction on direct / indirect sales channels
- Communicate and support established sales targets and metrics and manage constant feedback on sales results
- Ensure the adoption of PerkinElmer’s sales tools and methodologies across EMEAI and lead the best-in-class organizational design to drive a profitable growth
- Define values and behaviors focusing on continuous development and the achievement of bold business goals and foster active collaboration and positive communication between teams, challenging them to deliver constant value to internal and external customers
- Drive people development in line with organizational design and enhance a culture of talent, based on recognized competencies and tangible results
- Generate a solid professional network within the organization and with key customers at national and international level whilst being recognized within the professional environment for personal standing and professional competencies.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum preferably in Food Technology, Molecular Biology, Analytical Chemistry or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 5-7 years sales experience in the capital or analytical equipment or food safety industries with in depth market knowledge and experience managing a large territory, such as EMEAI, in a similar role
- Proactive mindset with strong sense of responsibility and ownership with ability to define and promote added value solutions for customer
- Professional and Ethical with high Integrity. Hard working, persistent and dynamic in face of challenges. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- At ease with change and new information; adapts and adjusts rapidly to new situations warranting attention and resolution; willing to champion new ideas and methods
- Successful and experienced in the areas of teamwork, leadership and coaching and able to build strong relationships and work individually
- Fluent in English, written, spoken and comprehension, other European languages a plus, and willingness to travel throughout EMEAI
What we offer:
- Inspiring leadership and exceptional employees
- Dynamic and innovative culture
- Focus on career development
- Collaborative and diverse environment
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams