Senior Scientist - ICP Mass Spec. R&D
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Woodbridge, Canada Status Regular Job ID JR-018065
Senior Scientist – ICP Mass Spectrometry Research and Development
PerkinElmer is a global technology leader driving growth and initiative in the Environmental and Human Health Science markets. The company is a leading force in the development, production, marketing, servicing, and supporting of laboratory instrumentation and ancillary services throughout the world.
PerkinElmer, a global leader in technology is searching for an experienced research and development scientist to help drive innovative solutions in our Inductively Coupled Plasma –Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS) product line. The individual will become a key member of a group of senior PerkinElmer researchers and liaise closely with other scientists at PerkinElmer’s partners and collaborators.
This position is based in Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate, direct, and execute scientific research with an emphasis on developing next generation technology, trade secrets, and intellectual property.
- Act as a mass spectrometry scientific expert within the R&D team during implementation and process confirmation phases, allowing thorough conceptualization and overall design and testing of new products.
- Influence the scientific community and market via patents, publications, and conference presentations.
- Provide research project planning and time estimates.
- Evaluate competitive products and new technologies from research institutions, aiming to enhance future products.
- Work with manufacturing, sustaining, and service personnel to improve quality, cost, manufacturability, and serviceability of products.
- Demonstrate independent and creative scientific thinking, ability in solving complex problems, and resilience to setbacks and changes.
- Experience and ability to lead and coordinate multiple collaborative projects in a cross-functional program team environment.
- Ph.D. in science, engineering, or related fields (Physics, Chemistry, or Engineering, with strong computer and mathematics skills) and 0 years of experience
- MS in science, engineering, or related fields (Physics, Chemistry, or Engineering, with strong computer and mathematics skills) and 3 years of experience.
- Prior instrumentation or application experience in ICP-MS.
- Knowledge of mass spectrometry theory and components is a strongly preferred (such as sample introduction, plasma sources, vacuum technology, electromagnetic fields, quadrupole-based mass analyzers, RF systems, charged particle detectors, and data acquisition hardware)
- Knowledge in design of Mass Spectrometry systems.
- Strong instrumentation design skills and troubleshooting ability.
- Proficient programming skills in one or more computer languages or firmware.
- Ability solve to complex problems and dissect projects into manageable tasks
- Excellent group interaction skills and negotiating skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to handle multiple tasks with different priorities.
- Previous successful academic or work-related experience mentoring peers.
- Proven track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams