Senior Product ManagerApply Now
- Woodbridge, Ontario
- Paris, Île-de-France Region
- Milan, Lombardy
The candidate is responsible for driving the innovation and growth of PerkinElmer’s global strategy for software, cloud, and data integration solutions. the responsibilities include P and L accountability as well as leading a team of software product managers to address the strategic and daily responsibilities of the life cycle of commercialized products. The ideal candidate will have proven experience developing product and solution plans to optimize the solution portfolio and be able to develop tactical plans to meet profitable objectives of the business. Responsibilities also include revenue forecasting and yearly global AOP setting, new product commercialization, product pricing and annual pricing review and execution on pricing changes, product line optimization, sales team training engagement, customer problem resolution, and inventory and operations planning.
- Product Ownership: represent the voice of the customer in ongoing and new portfolio decisions including organic and in organic product development.
- Develop Collateral: collaborate with marketing communications team to develop and deliver customer facing materials to enable sales
- Global Business Management: understand and optimize the performance of the business execution globally. Report out on this in both monthly and quarterly reviews with senior leadership.
- Strategic Marketing: perform and lead customer and market segmentation analysis including assessment of the customer profile within the regions by industry, size, application focus, and technology requirements
- Business planning: formulate business plans and drive the execution across the portfolio of instruments in collaboration with colleagues in software and services.
- Lead the buy, build or partner decision process for each component of the portfolio as required
- Lead core teams for program development: R&D, product management, sales, finance, operations
- Pipeline analysis: characterization and understand the sales pipeline and how it will impact the near term business performance
- Work with Product Management / R&D to develop an effective product portfolio and to identify, communicate and incorporate new product enhancements.
- Effectively map the partner/competitive landscape and develop winning strategies
- Detailed analysis of the Strengths and Weaknesses of the major competitors in the relevant program together with an analysis of the Opportunities and Threats relative to PerkinElmer’s position
- Degree (graduate preferred) in a scientific discipline or software engineering, with MBA a plus
- 5+ years of product management and/or marketing experience with technical, high value products
- Substantial expertise in scientific technologies
- Deep experience in Chromatography and software/ data systems
- Working knowledge of software technologies and architectures
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel, including comfort in presenting technical and business content to large and small audiences
- Experience in analyzing the financial performance of a complex global business
- Effective leader and decision maker
- Ability to influence across a global, cross-functional organization.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams