Senior Analog Circuit Engineer
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Woodbridge, Canada Status Regular Job ID JR-017612
PerkinElmer, a global leader in technology is searching for an experienced electrical designer to drive our current instrumentation technology to the edge of science. The successful candidate needs wide range of technical skills and experience spanning RF, high voltage and mixed signal design. The electrical designer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of electronics for new and existing products.
- Bachelor’s degree required in electrical engineering or closely related discipline; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of recent design engineering experience in a high technology environment.
- Design mixed signal and high voltage circuits and perform tests and evaluations for design verification & validation.
- High voltage power supply design experience is a strong asset.
- Ability to create and analyze advanced analog and digital PCB circuit designs using state of the art components. This includes working with low level analog signals in a low noise environment, as well as microprocessor design and analog / digital interfacing.
- Hands-on experience in testing and troubleshooting PCBAs is mandatory
- Performing product sustaining activities through collaboration with multiple engineering disciplines.
- Possess skills to utilize industry standard CAD packages (e.g., OrCAD, Altium) for rapid transition to fully functional and reliable hardware. Effective knowledge and use of high-level design languages is essential.
- Use technical knowledge to help determine the most effective solution for complex problems spanning multiple technical disciplines.
- Propose technology concepts that can be realized in existing products or new product designs.
- Work in conjunction with scientists and other engineers to prove out designs.
- Coordinate with members of cross functional teams to resolve technical issues.
- Develop measures to support initiatives and strategies.
- Apply a high degree of innovation toward developing advanced methodologies and technologies.
- Provide technical insight to minimize risk and maximize opportunity.
- Recognize potential new products and work with internal staff, customers, and potential partners to influence their technical and business impact.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment while working on multiple projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to use advanced simulation and analysis tools in problem solving (e.g., PSpice circuit analysis).
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes to develop designs which are cost-effective and reliable.
- Experience with IPC standards and PCB manufacturing from electronic design perspective.
- Ability to evaluate and troubleshoot with standard test equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, DVMs).
- Possesses a strong knowledge of EMI-EMC management techniques to pass compliance testing of electronic equipment.
- Ability to use standard documentation tools to create/communicate design, specifications, and test results (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams