Manager Software Development
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Woodbridge, Canada Status Regular Job ID JR-020445
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer is seeking a Manager, Software Development to join our team.
- Responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation, and analysis of modules or features of new or upgraded software systems and products.
- Develops and/or executes implementation according to project plans and priorities. Engineers may develop a range of products including device drivers, patches, operating system modifications, EDI routines, graphics modules, etc.
- Responsible for staffing decisions, including leading recruiting efforts
- Provide strategic thinking and leadership pertaining to new ways of leveraging information to improve team processes.
- Ensure process compliance & assist in driving improvements, as needed
- Maximize the productivity of the team by assigning work, breaking down silos
- Minimum 5 years as a Software Engineer, plus at least 1 as a Software Development Manager
- BS/MS major in Computer Science
- Experience with OO design and proficient coding skills
- Experience with Desktop application development (C#)
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM
- Experience with all stages of SDLC (development, software quality assurance testing, implementation, etc.)
- Track record of providing direction and leadership to teams in a cross-functional, global environment
- Must have experience managing teams delivering complex, enterprise-level software products, and appliances
- Must be able to establish rapport, value, and respect within a complex and sophisticated environment. He or she must sell ideas and influence directly and indirectly. Ideal personal characteristics include: challenging colleagues constructively; stimulating the thinking of others; team-oriented and a decision-maker; initiating and leading change, and knowing how and when to teach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Thorough understanding of, and experience with, structured software development methodologies including design, development, and testing in an Agile environment.
- Excellent work ethic and a strong sense of ownership.
- Ability to capture and communicate architecture and designs to Developers, Management, and other stakeholders.
Paid Vacation, holidays, and sick time
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams