Laboratory Technician - PDS
United Kingdom | United Kingdom
ResponsibilitiesLocation Seer Green, BuckinghamshireGB Job ID JR-012682
Laboratory Technician (PDS)
Technical Laboratory Services
- To perform routine calibration/verification checks on a range of laboratory equipment such as pH meters and balances.
- Set up and operation of a wide range of standard lab equipment.
- Prepare aliquot and label a large variety of buffers and reagents.
- Preparation of QC standards.
- Prepare materials and equipment for use.
- Undertake in lab tasks for scientific staff to agreed protocols, e.g., radioactive and environment monitoring, gel plates collection preparation and distribution of analytical or biological samples
- Cleaning and disinfection of lab equipment such as incubators, hoods and safety cabinets.
- Maintaining lab stocks such as consumables and solvents as needed.
- Operate to approved quality standards (e.g., GLP/GMP).
- Maintain QA systems by keeping accurate records of work undertaken, methods used and results achieved.
- To ensure safe operation of any equipment used (e.g., balances, pH meters, fume cupboards).
- Ensure compliance with all relevant working instructions, SOPs and safety instructions.
- To be responsible for maintaining a tidy and efficient laboratory environment and for ensuring health, safety and compliance standards are met and maintained.
- To liaise with customer groups to discuss their requirements, agree protocols for new tasks, escalation to Line Manager as required.
- Planning of own daily tasks.
- To ensure timely and accurate reporting of data including performance metrics.
- To perform any other reasonable tasks as requested by the Line Manager.
- Science background with qualifications to at least ‘A’ level standard or equivalent (grade C or higher) in a relevant scientific subject. Qualified to GCSE (grades A-C) or equivalent in Maths and English.
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment would be an advantage.
- Good Understanding of COSHH and GXP.
- Good customer focus.
- Be self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Experience in working to technical procedures (SOPs, Work Instructions) and safety related documents (Risk Assessments).
- Computer literate.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."