Territory ManagerApply Now
- Waltham, MA
- Seattle, WA
EUROIMMUN US (A PerkinElmer Company) is a MDSAP registered, ISO 13485:2016, 21 CFR 820 compliant Medical device company that manufactures, distributes, and performs service and installation activities of in vitro diagnostic test kits and instruments used in the detection of autoimmune status, allergies, infectious diseases and antigen detection.
The incumbent for the position will be a valuable addition to the Sales department and execute the overall sales strategies in the assigned geographic area or account(s) list within the greater Pacific Northwest (WA, OR, AK, MT, WY, ID). The incumbent will drive sales and increase revenue for the medical devices (instruments, assays, etc.) distributed by EUROIMMUN US (A PerkinElmer Company). The incumbent for this position will plan and execute all pre-sales, sales, and post-sale activities such as but not limited to contacting potential customer(s), research competitors, building, growing, maintaining, and support of assigned accounts.
The Territory Manager will report to the Director of Sales.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to,
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and comply with all safety and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for selling the company’s products or services directly to end-users to increase sales volumes to meet/exceed the sales targets in respect of the company's strategy.
- Act as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets.
- Identify customer needs, market trends, and presents company products and services to customers appropriately and effectively.
- Develop new accounts and/or expands existing accounts and maintains accurate customer and prospect information.
- Maintain and develop relationships with key account customers in person and via telephone calls and emails;
- Gain a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements and presents appropriately to make a sale.
- Actively sell the increased value of the company's products and services and always negotiates the best price thus minimizing price erosion.
- Creates detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process that is largely dictated by the prospective customer.
- Facilitate in solving customer problems by assuring cross functional coordination.
- Negotiate the terms of an agreement and closing sales.
- Ensure the territory prospect pipeline is populated with a balance of short, mid and long term prospects sufficient for the continuous attainment of territory targets.
- Represent the organization at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations.
- Review his own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets; attend team meeting and shares best practices with colleagues.
- Recognize areas for improvement and analyze market for potentials based on client interaction and voicing them back to management (new test options, training needs, marketing needs and educational needs).
- A minimum of Bachelor’s in Life Sciences, Medical Technology or other relevant field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in regulated medical device sales is preferred.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the industry and the factors influencing the markets (regulations, reimbursements, competitors, etc.) is preferred.
- Travel an estimated 40%-50% of the time. Depending on the geography, this may include day trips as well as overnights throughout the territory.
- Travel will also include attending internal sales meetings as well as staffing regional and national conferences.
- Located within the geographic business area with knowledge and understanding of the market is preferred.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Enthusiastic demeanor with a can-do attitude.
- Individual candidate should be self-starting and team-oriented.
- Computer proficiency, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce.com or similar CRM reporting
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Discover EUROIMMUN’s comprehensive automation solutions for processing Indirect Immunofluorescence Assays, spanning EUROIMMUN’s large portfolio of Autoimmune Disorders and Infectious Diseases.
Learn more about EUROIMMUN’s fully automated microscope, the EUROPattern, capable of automatically imaging and archiving all of EUROIMMUN’s Indirect Immunofluorescence Assays.