Sr. Sales Specialist, High Content Cellular Imaging
As a worldwide pioneer of scientific technologies, we provide our customers with advanced detection, imaging, software and services solutions. And it takes a motivated, highly skilled Sales team to make sure those tools get in the hands of the people we can help. Add your consultative approach and experience selling capital equipment to our team, driving product and service transactions to achieve success – and better the world.
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in sales at PerkinElmer.
- Good Listener
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Waltham, Massachusetts Status Regular Job ID JR-020165
Responsible for achieving assigned sales quotas and goals for customers located within a defined geographic territory or account list. Prospects and
Responsible for achieving assigned sales quotas and goals for customers located within a defined geographic territory or account list. Prospects and develops business, responds to RFPs, and develops proposals for presentation to customer. Coordinates account resources with representatives from marketing, Field Applications Scientists, pre-sales engineering and development.
Sales Specialist, Cellular Imaging
Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding sales opportunity? Stop your search! PerkinElmer is looking for a motivated, experienced sales representative to accelerate our growth in the Life Science industry. We have a strong portfolio in High Content Cellular Imaging and we are looking to leverage that momentum to drive the expansion of our product line in the North East territory which includes NY, VT, ME, RI, NH, CT and Quebec.
What we provide
PerkinElmer provides our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions include discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies.
The PerkinElmer Cellular Imaging and Analysis team is one of the fastest growing teams within our organization. We offer cutting edge solutions for automated microscopy and data analytics. Our instrumentation is represented globally by over 3,000 peer reviewed publications. The sales team works closely with an integrated Field Applications Support team who helps to optimize the research scope and vision for our customers. We seek a motivated, independent, and entrepreneurial minded individual to leverage the existing momentum to further drive expansion of our imaging portfolio in the North-East.
- Responsible for achieving individual sales goals assigned to the territory.
- Development, implementation and execution of strategic business plan specific to the territory.
- Develop a strong, working technical knowledge of entire Imaging product portfolio, scientific applications involved and end markets.
- Grow the Cellular Imaging business in accordance with strategic business goals.
- Assess and actively communicate Revenue Recognition to minimize the sales cycle timeline.
- Demonstrate customer commitment through regular customer follow-up, timely complaint resolution and by acting as Voice of Customer (VOC) as appropriate.
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other team members.
- Present a professional image at all times to customers, clients and other vendors.
- BS in a Life Science discipline.
- 3 + years' technical sales experience in Life Sciences (high content cellular imaging disciplines).
- 3 + years' knowledge of broad cellular and functional scientific applications and imaging instrumentation.
- 3 + years' experience in selling directly to Life Science Laboratories, Academic Institutions, Pharma and Biotech
- MS, PhD and/or MBA in a scientific discipline or equivalent are preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment.
- Self-motivated and energetic with a results-focused approach to achieving daily goals/activities.
- Exceptional negotiating skills.
- Aptitude to learn new systems and retain technical information.
- Willingness for 25%-35% overnight travel.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams