Sr. Field Application Scientist (Vanadis)
We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants. PerkinElmer is looking for a motivated, proven and experienced sales professional to expand our growth in the life science arena. If you are entrepreneurial and enjoy selling capital equipment by employing a consultative sales approach utilizing various organizational assets with the ability to understand scientific application and supporting technology than this is a great opportunity for you.
What makes a successful ‘sales specialist’ at PerkinElmer?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener 10
- Strategic 10
- Problem-solver 9
- Mediator 8
- Results-driven 7
- Quick-thinking 6
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Skilled presenter
It Starts with a Mission
Our quest to improve life goes back to our earliest innovators, but the challenges we face today have never been greater.
At PerkinElmer our mission is to innovate for a healthier world, and it starts with our exceptional employees.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Holidays and Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
- Waltham, MA
Provide application support, internal validation, and on-site user training to customers in the PerkinElmer NIPT/prenatal and neonatal businesses.
This is a field-based position which covers various support functions for customers inside of North America.
Act as a technical liaison between customers and PerkinElmer’s internal product management team in a post-sales role.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years' Experience with Non-invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT), cfDNA, and/or Genomics preferred. Fluorometry or Liquid chromatography
- 5 years' experience in using laboratory automation and/or scientific applications.
- 5 years' Experience with programming or operating automated laboratory scientific equipment and troubleshooting of application and instrumentation.
- Perform Application Qualifications (internal validation) on new installations and after certain service activities.
- Provide basic and advanced software and operational training.
- Demonstrate usage of advanced computer skills and software functions to control instrumentation as well as third party devices.
- Maintain support for existing customers by providing additional application support, troubleshooting, training, etc.
- Understand customer expectations and schedule work accordingly.
- Work independently and make intelligent decisions based on experience and knowledge.
- Must be able to travel nationally and internationally as needed. Current valid passport is required.
- Requires flexibility in working hours and availability for up to 75% travel, at times with short notice.
- Ability to work independently and reliably with minimal supervision.
- Team player mindset needed in order to work successfully with sales, product management, R&D, and service.
- Exemplary communication skills via phone, email, and in person, both internally and customer-facing.
- Ability to succeed under pressure and/or stressful situations.
- Must have solid planning and customer relationship skills.
- Must have good presentation and communication skills.
- Must have good working knowledge of computer hardware and software.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams