Sr. DevOPS EngineerApply Now
- Waltham, MA
Senior DevOps Engineer
Be part of a team to lead the transformation to DevOps and Continuous Delivery across the organization. Working with multiple development projects and mentoring junior DevOps engineers. Work directly with development teams to bring new products into the cloud. Design, implement and maintain all Amazon Web Services infrastructure and operational services. Participate in agile process across multiple development teams. Create process to perform continuous deployment, including full orchestration of deployment process. Develop tools and scripts to improve efficiency of operational tasks. Create and provide best practices to the organization for DevOps, builds, continuous integration and deployment and infrastructure. Implement monitoring processes and design/deploy monitoring dashboards. Build and support system automation, deployment, and continuous integration tools. Maintain and monitor production environments.
Span of Control
Positions reporting directly to this position: None
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field of study and 3-5 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer.
- 3-5 years working in cloud providers AWS
- 3-5 years working in Linux environments.
- 3-5 years scripting languages with at least one of the following: Bash or Python.
- 3-5 years using SCM Git, GithHub, and solid understanding branching and merging
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD) tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity, and or GitLabs.
- 3-5 years’ experience with the SDLC, Software Development Life Cycle.
- Knowledge of Cloud best practices, operations and security.
- Experience administering Databases such as Postgres, MariaDb, Mongo, MySQL, and or MSSQL.
- 3 years of experience with NoSQL technologies like Memcache or Redis.
- Experience with performance tuning and benchmarking.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Build technologies Mavin/Gradle/Node/NPM
Special Skills & Knowledge
Expert in Cloud infrastructures and deployment models
- Experience using AWS services and cli.
- Bash and or Python scripting skills.
- Log aggregation using SumoLogic or other tools.
- Experience working with Container Infrastructure, ECS, Kubernetes, Docker Swam.
- Jira, Confleunce, Jenkins, TeamCity, Artifactory. DockerHub, Github
- Nginx experience.
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- MongoDB and cluster configurations
- RabbitMQ and cluster configurations
- ElasticSearch and cluster configurations
- Work directly with development teams to bring new products into the cloud.
- Design, implement and maintain all AWS infrastructure and operational services.
- Create process to perform continuous deployment, including full orchestration of deployment process.
- Develop tools and scripts to improve efficiency of operational tasks.
- Create and provide best practices to the organization for DevOps, builds, CI/CD, and infrastructure.
- Implement monitoring processes and design/deploy monitoring dashboards.
- Build and support system automation, deployment, and continuous integration tools.
- Thoroughly demonstrated working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology (processes, and deliverables).
- Help to maintain and monitor production environments.
- Help to design and support internal development environments inside both AWS and Azure.
- Effectively communicate project status, metrics, and issues.
- Support both development and production environments.
- Coaching, mentoring of team members.
- Lead multiple development projects.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams