Senior Public Relations SpecialistApply Now
- Waltham, MA
We are expanding PerkinElmer’s Public Relations function within the Corporate Communications team, seeking a well-rounded PR senior specialist to help drive PerkinElmer’s public relations program forward in support of overall Company and business strategies. This role helps nurture our reputation throughout external media channels and will work closely with the broader Corporate Communications team. Specifically, this person will focus on executing the PR program, with ongoing media efforts on behalf of the objectives of several of PerkinElmer’s focus areas: Reproductive Health; PerkinElmer Genomics; Immunodiagnostics; Applied Genomics; Life Sciences; Food; Applied Markets; Services & Informatics.
The successful candidate will collaborate closely with business leaders, marketing leaders and subject matter experts. We seek an exceptional communicator, writer and strategist who is highly organized, agile, and capable of managing a large volume of competing priorities and demands in a fast-paced environment, within a large, global company
- Under the direction of the Global Public Relations Leader, contribute to executing upon the Company’s public relations plan across multiple business segments and product lines in support of the overall strategies.
- Serve as a valued member of the broader PR team and Corporate Communications function while forging strong relationships with business stakeholders and target media.
- Partner and collaborate closely with market segment and regional teams globally to align public relations strategy with business objectives and corporate strategy, including gathering information and creating narratives.
- Foster editorial contacts, crafting pitches, and proactive targeted media outreach.
- Respond to and/or manage incoming media inquiries in a timely and professional manner; draft/obtain approval for appropriate responses.
- Write and/or editing releases and media alerts based upon key stakeholder input, facilitate the internal approval process, determine media targets and spokespeople, handle media outreach and interview requests, and report results.
- Increase visibility of the organization’s executives and subject matter experts through speaking opportunities at events and editorial opportunities.
- Using analytical tools, track, analyze and report out on PR success, including press activities, coverage, opportunities, successes and press feedback.
- At least 7 years of public relations experience, ideally in-house as part of a publicly-traded company’s corporate communications and/or public relations function; agency experience in relevant field also welcome..
- Excellent writing, presentation and interpersonal skills, particularly with business leaders and C-level executives.
- Proactive approach to information gathering and ability to distill concepts into media pitches.
- Ability to provide strategic direction based on meeting with internal stakeholders.
- Strong team player, displaying professionalism in interactions with a wide range of constituents
- Ability to shift priorities quickly, setting and managing reasonable deadlines and expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, journalism, communications, marketing or a similar business discipline required. Master’s degree a plus.
- Well versed in social media a plus.
- Crisis communications experience a plus.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams