Senior Market Manager - Chemicals - 100% REMOTE
Waltham, Massachusetts | Baltimore, Maryland | Chicago, Illinois | Cleveland, Ohio | Dallas, Texas | Houston, Texas | Kitchener, Canada | London, United Kingdom | Miami, Florida | New Orleans, Louisiana
ResponsibilitiesLocation Waltham, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-019674
PerkinElmer is a global leader committed to innovating for a healthier world. Our dedicated team of 9,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets.
Our innovative detection, imaging, informatics and service capabilities, combined with deep market knowledge and expertise, help customers gain earlier and more accurate insights to improve lives and the world around us.
The successful candidate will be implementing growth strategies for PerkinElmer and responsible for developing and executing on identified market segment (chemicals, mining, semiconductor and electronics) growth strategies to drive penetration and expand market share through focus on workflow solutions leveraging the PerkinElmer Analytical Instrument Portfolio, Consumables and Services.
This means you will lead a team of product managers responsible for the entire brand of the product, from conception and development, to launch and marketing, to operational excellence and profitability. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your market experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; contributing to the bigger strategic vision and turn the crank on driving tactics in order to make the vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand researcher problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
The incumbent is expected to build clear understanding of global market needs & trends, upcoming requirements and develop a stream of solutions to best position the current and future portfolio to meet or exceed revenue and margin expansion expectations. This role will build deep market knowledge, translating these insights into a market penetration strategy, product development pipeline and go-to-market approach. This leader is expected to build relationships with key opinion leaders within strategic accounts, professional organizations and as well as internal subject matter experts, to enrich and strengthen the overall innovation agenda throughout the strategic plan horizon.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time
- Lead and develop a team of product managers including being the product go-to person for sales, R&D, operation, finance, legal, and other functions as it relates to your product area
- Champions development of end-market growth strategies based on fact-based analysis and identification of market trends; competitive applications portfolios; technology advancements; and customer needs assessment and regulatory requirements
- Leads development and prioritization of segment-specific workflows and supporting applications that enable our solutions to be differentiated and value-add to our customers
- Develops deep technical knowledge on customer needs and workflow across Instruments, Consumables & Service, and translate this knowledge into technology and solution landscaping activities within context assigned markets
- Architects application development strategy to reflect market-focused initiatives including establishing and managing collaborator agreements/relationships on global basis to support the applied markets team
- Leads best practices to develop compelling value propositions and sales tools that are practical to use and aligned to segmentation and regional specific requirements
- Drives deployment of commercial sales tools and training to drive sales effectiveness at positioning our solutions
- Actively develops relationships with commercial teams, KOLs and key customers in priority end- market segments. Leads overall Market/Segment strategy and acts as focal point within the organization to ensure marketing collateral, applications and solutions support our overall growth strategy and align across the Business Unit, R&D and Marketing organizations.
- Meets business and end market KPIs, such as revenue, margin expansion, market penetration and share gain
- Supports the development of strategic planning initiatives (M&A due diligence and other new growth initiative.
- Master of Science degree
- Successful 10+ year track record in various roles within Sales, Marketing, Product Management or R&D related to Analytical and/or Life Science tools
- 7+ years experience in the chemicals market (commodity, fine and specialty chemicals)
- MS in the field of Chemistry or Biochemistry, good business acumen; MBA preferred
- Experience in customer and market segmentation, creating segment roadmaps, robust business cases, and commercialization of solutions.
- Ability to translate customer needs into applications solutions to drive business growth
- Significant experience leading cross-functional teams to drive business results, exhibiting formal and informal leadership skills and be driven and exhibit strong goal / results orientated
- Must be able to accomplish results in a cross-functional team environment, exhibiting formal and informal leadership skills and be driven and exhibit strong goal / results orientated
- Proven track record of results either contributing to or directly developing, driving and maintaining high performing product lines, cutting edge strategies and strong market presence
- Ability to travel up to 30%
Paid Vacation, holidays, and sick time
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
$126,500 - $158,000
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."