Senior Information Security Engineer, Cloud - Remote Option
Waltham, Massachusetts | Guelph, Canada | Hopkinton, Massachusetts | Shelton, Connecticut | Tampa, Florida
ResponsibilitiesLocation Waltham, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-019227
At PerkinElmer, we are looking for people who are excited to thrive in innovation. We are a global biotechnology and life sciences company with nearly 4,000 patents and $3.8 Billion in revenue. With state-of-art technologies and solutions, our mission is to innovate for a healthier world. PerkinElmer helps a variety of academic, government, and the top 20 pharma companies around the world providing customers with science software-as-a-service (SaaS), laboratory services, and life science instrument technologies and solutions.
The Senior Information Security Engineer (Cloud) is the subject matter expert for multiple security systems and responsible for managing security systems, responding to security alerts, and ensuring compliance with information security practices and standards. This position will work as part of a globallydispersed Information Security Team with locations in India, and other clients all over the world. You will also act as a consultative partner for application security design and security reviews.
- Assist with the management of infrastructure security systems (NGFW, NAC, SIEM, NGAV, EDR, UBA, WAF, DLP, etc.).
- Act as a consultative partner for Application security design and security reviews
- Assist/perform deployment/ maintenance and tuning of security systems such as firewalls, IPS/IDS, SIEM, EDR, WAF, threat and vulnerability management tools to reduce false positives and deliver actionable reporting.
- Design / Review system configurations to ensure that they are secure, role appropriate, and consistent throughout the organization.
- Document procedural changes along with developing and implementing security procedures for new security tools/processes.
- Monitor and/or ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Perform additional duties as requested related to application, and information security, and compliance.
- Work as part of a Globally dispersed information security team with locations in India, clients all over the world
- Handle cyber incidents, project deployments, and customer escalations complying with standards, regulations, policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, or Information Systems.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with operation control of security systems in several of the key disciplines listed (NAC, SIEM, NGAV, EDR, UBA, WAF, NGFW, DLP, etc.)
- Mastery of written and verbal communication
- Experience handling cyber incidents and escalations compliant to industry standards.
- Industry recognized certifications preferable (e.g., CISSP, CISM)
- Specific experience performing security investigations, reviews, and reporting.
- Experience with project management.
- Experience with Qualys, SentinelOne, Fortinet, and AlienVault a plus.
- Experience with AWS security platform functions Control Tower and Security Hub a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Security Center a plus.
- SOC2, GDPR, and ISO27001 compliance a plus.
- Certification in AWS Certified Security – Specialty is a plus.
*Remote Option is available, and the ideal candidate will work in the Eastern or Central US Time Zones to support the business
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."