Senior Frontend Software Engineer - Remote
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Waltham, Massachusetts Status Regular Job ID JR-031220
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth, and where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally. If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
Perkin Elmer is looking for a talented Senior Frontend Software Engineer to join our Informatics Team to help with building our Next Generation Digital Notebook Application. You will be focused on the Frontend Design and Development of our Cloud Electronic Notebook product; helping to turn marketing requirements into an easy to use, elegant application designed for the scientific community. If you are looking to join a small team of talented engineers and to contribute to delivering amazing, high impact, customer-focused features, this is a great opportunity.
- Create secure, performant, cross-platform single page applications and widgets
- Collaborate with fellow team members on priorities, specifications, and feature implementation
- Craft well-documented, reusable, and testable code
- Build and maintain new, high impact functionality into Signals Notebook
- Demonstrate extensive experience building single page applications with some experience with React/Redux
- Have an eye for design and aesthetics of an application
- Have a deep understanding of frontend application structure and architecture
- 3-5+ years of professional work experience
- Demonstrated HTML, CSS programming skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
- You’re comfortable with building React components
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- UI/UX design experience a plus
- Thorough understanding of and experience with structured software development methodologies including design, development and testing in an Agile environment
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
- Excellent work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result
- Entrepreneurial minded, creative problem solver and innovative thinker
- Life Science experience a plus
- Paid Vacation, holiday and sick time
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams