Senior Finance Manager, FP&AApply Now
- Waltham, MA
Responsible for a broad range of financial activities in a generalist or multi-specialty role. Responsibilities may include accounting, tax, reporting, budgets, insurance and credit. (However, match to the given specialty such as tax, audit, credit if one of those areas are more applicable to the incumbents job responsibilities). Works closely with finance executives and senior finance management to ensure that financial goals are established and reported. International: Responsible for financial operations of a continent, region, country or a business unit within these entities. Responsibilities may include accounting, tax, reporting, budgets, insurance and credit. Works closely with the Executive General Management to ensure that financial goals are established and reported.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere. With over 11,400 employees around the globe, we pioneer scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world. We provide support with advanced services to ensure optimal operations.
The Senior Finance Manager, FP&A will be responsible for a broad range of financial activities and a critical partner to the business and finance leadership team. Responsibilities will include planning, forecasting & reporting, financial modeling, driving finance initiatives and delivering ad-hoc analysis to meet or improve business performance.
- Partner with finance and business leadership to ensure that financial goals are properly established through rigorous annual planning and monthly forecasting processes
- Provide support for business reviews and operating rhythms (monthly and quarterly closes)
- Manage FP&A’s core reporting systems (HFM, Essbase, data warehouses, etc.) in conjunction with controllership and IT
- Drive standardization of financial reporting and partner with the FP&A data analytics hub to create streamlined, real-time and actionable reporting dashboards
- Individual will be responsible for being a leader amongst the broader finance team and an influencer of strategic business decisions
- Other tasks as directed by finance and business leadership
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of finance experience, preferably in a Financial Leadership Development Program
- 1 or more years of management experience
- Strong analytical & financial modeling skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational and market drivers
- Strong PC skills: experience with financial systems/applications such as SAP, Hyperion, Business Objects, and Microsoft Suite required
- Competitive team player: Self-motivated, high energy individual. Desire to win and drive towards outsized performance. Able to lead at all levels of the organization (leadership, peers and team members).
- Comfortable working with senior management. Builds constructive, effective relationships and able to influence peers and executive management
- Effectively communicates with and engages all levels of the organization verbally and in writing; produces clear, understandable documentation geared for all audiences
- Detail focused. Allocates time and resources efficiently, able to adapt to shifting priorities. Meets challenging deadlines with speed and quality.
- Strategic thinker; strong bias for action and with a results-orientation always driving towards simplification and transparency
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams