Scientific Services Specialist (Lab Gasses)Apply Now
- Waltham, MA
- Upper Providence, PA
- Bridgeport, Montgomery County, PA
Job Title: Lab Gasses Scientific Services Specialist
Location: Upper Providence, PA Upper Merion, PA and Rockville, MD
Type of Assignment: Fulltime
- Delivers liquid nitrogen dewars, cylinders and packaged gases and related articles.
- Fills liquid nitrogen dewars using the bulk liquid nitrogen filling stations; following procedural steps and safety rules during filling and transport.
- Monitors and records levels and pressures of the bulk liquid nitrogen, bulk liquid carbon dioxide, micro-bulk liquid nitrogen and micro-bulk liquid oxygen systems.
- Notifies supervisor and/or manager when deficiencies are noted.
- Files and maintains delivery documentation
- Initiate repairs to bulk tanks as needed by placing work orders.
- Delivery of compressed gas cylinders per customer requests; supports customers on gas equipment as needed.
- Maintains housekeeping and inventory levels of liquid nitrogen bulk filling areas and gas storage areas.
- Communicate and coordinate maintenance and service work for equipment
·Serve as the liaison for scientists & assists with completion of customer service form.
Participate in audits and inspections and provide input, as requested.
Daily checks of group mailbox for vendor service conducted on bulk tanks
- High School Diploma or GED
- Laboratory customer service experience preferred
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Demonstrates appropriate use of relevant equipment after training (includes hands on ability to use equipment and proper filing of gas documentation)
- The overall physical exertion of this position requires:
- Sit or stand 2-3 hours in laboratory areas.
- Walk 2-3 hours within a facility.
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Office work activities, including keyboard, with fingers/hands/arms up to 4 hours.
- Work around moving laboratory equipment and machinery.
- Use of personal protective equipment in laboratory.
- Work with biohazards such as blood borne pathogens.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Employee maybe required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include: Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
What is Scientific Services?
- We collaborate with world-leading organizations to help make their research processes more efficient. We source and manage targeted expertise to help free a customer’s scientific staff, so that they can concentrate on bigger picture activities. You are hired on as a full-time PerkinElmer employee and have opportunities to grow within our organization.
Benefits to working for PerkinElmer:
- Backed by an 80-year history rich in innovation, PerkinElmer is a long-time leader and pioneer in the scientific community. We hire talented, committed and driven people and strive to create a work environment that brings out the entrepreneur in all of us. Benefit packages include: Medical, Dental and Vision; Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health and Wellness Programs and Incentives; Employer Matching 401(k); Tuition Reimbursement; Professional Development; Maternity and Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
- Paternity Leave; Paid Holidays and Personal Time Off; Life and Disability Insurance; and Work/Life Balance.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams