Waltham, Massachusetts, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants. PerkinElmer is looking for a motivated, proven and experienced sales professional to expand our growth in the life science arena. If you are entrepreneurial and enjoy selling capital equipment by employing a consultative sales approach utilizing various organizational assets with the ability to understand scientific application and supporting technology than this is a great opportunity for you.
What makes a successful ‘sales specialist’ at PerkinElmer?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener 10
- Strategic 10
- Problem-solver 9
- Mediator 8
- Results-driven 7
- Quick-thinking 6
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Skilled presenter
It Starts with a Mission
Our quest to improve life goes back to our earliest innovators, but the challenges we face today have never been greater.
At PerkinElmer our mission is to innovate for a healthier world, and it starts with our exceptional employees.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Holidays and Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
- Waltham, MA
- Philadelphia, PA
- Pittsburgh, PA
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, organized and assertive Field Sales Specialist possessing the drive and desire to exceed goals in the territory. The position requires solid, working knowledge of current research techniques and a strong knowledge of the entire Next Generation Sequencing Workflow solution. This includes Automation, Extraction and Microfluidic solutions and data analysis.
TERRITORY: PA, OH, WV, KY, Upstate NY
• Meet or exceed territory sales targets for products and assigned business objectives
• Develop tactical sales plans to maximize revenues
• Conduct technical demonstrations of the products
• Effective use of seminars, tradeshows as lead generators and education opportunities
• Negotiate contracts, execute pricing strategy to maintain existing & develop new business
• Maintain a strong customer focus through consultative selling
• Enhance customer satisfaction by building trust and strong relationships
• Partner with industrial partners who integrate our technology with their own
• Daily use of CRM (salesforce.com) database to increase sales effectiveness and forecast accuracy
• Perform daily pre-call planning for increased sales effectiveness
• Recognize market trends and gain competitive intelligence within territory
• Responsible for selling products into academic research, pharmaceutical, biotech and clinical labs
• Work with application scientist team for customer support and product/applications knowledge.
- 3-5+ years of successful capital equipment sales experience in the Life Science market
- Knowledge of automation, extraction and microfluidic solutions as part NGS workflow
- Minimum B.S. in Life Sciences (biology, molecular biology preferred)
- Energetic, results-driven with excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to think strategically, articulate a shared vision and defend strategic insights.
- Strong business acumen, with exceptional negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly effective time management skills
- Strong customer service skills with a focus on solutions-oriented sales
- Proven ability to build a sales pipeline, manage sales process’, and effectively close orders
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team
Approximately 60% travel
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams