Principal Software Development Engineer (Java, AWS)
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Waltham, Massachusetts Status Regular Job ID JR-017642
We are looking for a talented, Principal Software Development Engineer to join our Informatics team, to help build our next generation digital notebook application. You will be focused on turning marketing requirements into an easy-to-use and elegant application designed for the scientific community. If you are looking to join a team of talented engineers and contribute to delivering amazing, high-impact, customer-focused features, this is a great opportunity.
- Work with AWS services and cloud technologies
- Work closely with Product management helping define new features
- Work closely with other senior and principal software engineers on the product
- Work closely with DevOps team to deliver monthly releases of the product
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of professional work experience
- Experience in Java, building web services
- Experience building restful APIs
- Some experience with one or more of following technologies: React.js, Mongo, Docker, AWS Services, vert.x, microservices
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
- Thorough understanding of and experience with structured software development methodologies including design, development and testing in an Agile environment
- Excellent work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result
- Entrepreneurial minded, creative problem solver and innovative thinker
- Life Science experience a plus
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams