Principal Key Account Manager
New York, New York, Trenton, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants. PerkinElmer is looking for a motivated, proven and experienced sales professional to expand our growth in the life science arena. If you are entrepreneurial and enjoy selling capital equipment by employing a consultative sales approach utilizing various organizational assets with the ability to understand scientific application and supporting technology than this is a great opportunity for you.
What makes a successful ‘sales specialist’ at PerkinElmer?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener 10
- Strategic 10
- Problem-solver 9
- Mediator 8
- Results-driven 7
- Quick-thinking 6
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Skilled presenter
It Starts with a Mission
Our quest to improve life goes back to our earliest innovators, but the challenges we face today have never been greater.
At PerkinElmer our mission is to innovate for a healthier world, and it starts with our exceptional employees.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Holidays and Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
- New York, NY
- Trenton, NJ
- Philadelphia, PA
The Key Account Manager will sell Services directly to identified customers in a given regional territory and provide overlay support for Instruments sales to the PerkinElmer regional Key Accounts that span Life Science, Food and Energy.
Primary job responsibility is to sell PerkinElmer solutions and related services into a defined set of regional Key Accounts. This individual will identify, qualifies and closes new opportunities. This includes the entire sales process from business development prospecting and specifications through contract negotiations, signing, and post-sales support. They will leverage the PerkinElmer sales model, accounting planning tools and SFDC to maximize revenue growth and increase local market share.
- Drive customer relationships to expand the book of business regionally into defined Key accounts along with potential regionally prospected accounts.
- Each Key Account Manager will be provided a target list of accounts within his/her region. Domestic travel will be required to support various sites around a given territory.
- For accounts that have a corresponding given international location, the KAM will be required to work coordinate sales and opportunities to make sure discounts are in alignment within a given region. This coordination and communication should happen on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Drive Professional Service Sales – expanding new sites locations regionally and extend services in existing PerkinElmer sites.
- Regarding Instrument support, in order to receive overlay credit, the KAM will be required to enter the regional instrument opportunity in SFDC and when required, assist with customer procurement support to close the opportunity. Only instrument opportunities entered into SFDC by the KAM will qualify for payment.
- For all MAP (Global Agreements) and Enterprise agreements, understand the OS Margin and report out rebate and discount metrics internally and prepare customer facing documents to be leveraged during quarterly regional governance sessions. Where a combined global session is required, the regional KAM’s will work together on content and the presentation with support of the Sales Operations team.
- Prepare action plans or joint evaluation plans by accounts that are customer facing to help accelerate closing cycles for all transactions.
- Maintains monthly and quarterly communication with the extended regional sales team.
- Conduct annual ELT (Executive Leadership Team) meetings with customer across the full PKI portfolio.
- Conduct Quarterly status or PMT (monthly) meetings with the customer where there is no CSM (Customer Success Manager) is in place.
- Renew existing Enterprise business through drafting SOW’s and contracts with the support of the professional Services business team
- Enter opportunity leads into SFDC for regional product pull through.
- Create Annual Account Plans for large Key Accounts where OneSource Revenue exceeds 2M annually.
- Prepare Briefing Documents for each account for internal leadership review before any meeting
- Drive Voice-of-the-Customer feedback to OneSource Product Management and R&D teams to impact the Solution roadmap.
- Draft and negotiate all new SOW and MSA agreements.
- Accountable for entering all service opportunities into SFDC and manage their weekly / monthly forecast and activities to Sr. Mgt.
- Advance relationships with the business and customer leadership teams (C Suite)
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with regional account managers and assist sales cycles where possible. Help drive to closure at the highest-level relationship within each Key Account.
- Work to become a trusted advisor within the business vs. Procurement only relationships.
- Work very closely with the service on site team for complains handling, expansion and renewal
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 years' experience in sales; selling to medium and large size customers
- 5 years' experience wit Sales Methods, ROI/TCO modeling and the complex sale in a multiple product environment
- Independent, self-motivated, competitive, high powered and polished Experience with a Service organization is required.
- Familiarity with science-based companies’ workflows (R&D, Operations, etc.) and the GxP environment is preferred. Can also apply to science-based workflows in Food and Industrial.
- Broad knowledge of the laboratory environment and requirements coupled with the ability to develop custom solutions to meet the changing needs of the customer.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong Analytical Skills, understanding of Sales Processes and Service Delivery Requirements and complex negotiation skills
- Track record of demonstrated leadership in a matrixed organization with cross functional teams to drive initiatives; Demonstrated success in remote management of a professional team.
- Must work well in a team environment, with multiple resources.
- Demonstrated understanding of our industry, customer needs and competitive landscape.
- Knowledge of big data and how that data can be leveraged in a sales cycle is a plus
- Knowledge of CRM tools like SFDC is plus.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams