Principal Solutions Consultant - Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Waltham, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-019846
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
As a Principal Solutions Consultant, you will provide expertise, solutions, and strategy to various clients on their Clinical Trial Informatics needs. As the face of PerkinElmer to the customer, you’ll be working as a trusted SME (subject matter expert) providing technical expertise in delivering clinical and translational solutions to our customers. Our team will rely on you to maintain sound customer relationships and ensure customer success.
The ideal consultant possesses a comprehensive understanding of clinical trial processes and lifecycle, data science skills as well as an extensive consulting experience in delivering informatics services. The person in this position will also be able to provide mentoring and guidance to junior team members on technical, scientific, and/or business issues and support knowledge-centered activities within the team.
Business Analysis, Thought Leadership, Delivery of Technical Solutions in Clinical/Translational Domain:
- Work structure approximates into 2/3rd of business analysis and customer engagements, 1/3rd technical delivery.
- Works individually or in a team environment as a technical leader within the project guidelines to execute priorities, specifications, and feature implementation.
- Acts as a thought leader with a deep knowledge of customer challenges and the best ways to overcome them.
- Deliver well-documented requirements and solution design specifications.
- Understand Clinical/Translational data and workflows to deliver well-designed customer solutions over an iterative design process.
- Collaborates with the project manager(s) for general project support.
- Helps team prioritize the workload and participate in training junior team members, foster knowledge sharing.
- Identifies and capitalizes on opportunities to improve project efficiency and team performance and acts proactively.
- Assess, analyze and communicate changing customer expectations to senior management with facts and data.
Consulting Activities, Software Configurations, Relationship Management, Business Development:
- Expert communication skills with the ability to distill complex ideas into plain language are essential.
- Consult with clients to suggest, demonstrate, and deliver appropriate business solutions based on their needs, resolving issues and ambiguities.
- Establish themselves as a trusted partner with clients, and resolve their business problems leveraging technical expertise, domain knowledge, and best practices.
- Completes and delegates project activities in a timely manner with an understanding of issues that may impact project profitability and client satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally at multiple levels including senior and executive management within a client organization.
- Actively prospects and leverages new business opportunities with client and industry contacts in collaboration with account management.
- Presents information about PKI service offerings reflecting the organization’s capability and applying business development skills to support client needs.
- Participates in project scoping calls and proposal preparation, delivers sales presentations as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in sciences, healthcare, technology, or business required.
- 8+ years of experience in SDLC/agile data analytics in the healthcare sector.
- 8+ years of external client-facing business analysis experience in life sciences.
- An advanced degree (MBA, MS, MPH, PhD) in sciences, healthcare, mathematics, engineering, or business preferred.
- Experience with TIBCO Spotfire or similar visual analytics tool.
- Experience with R, Python, SAS, or ML/AI tools highly desirable.
- Experience in one or more of: CTMS systems such as ClinTrial, EDC systems such as Medidata Rave, Veeva Vault, Clintrial, or Safety systems such as Argus, ArisG, etc.
- Demonstrated consulting experience in business analytics within pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience working as a technical leader within a team setting.
Paid Vacation, holidays, and sick time
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
$106,500 - $133,000
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."