Senior Associate M&A Integrations
ResponsibilitiesLocation Waltham, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-018603
This is a leading role in a dynamic corporate integrations team, which is part of the broader corporate strategy & M&A team. The role has responsibility to drive and shape PerkinElmer’s global integration charter and support the execution of all acquisition integrations going forward by working across functions, segments and regional stakeholder groups. Additionally, to work in concert with the due diligence team during our acquisition evaluations to better prepare for the upcoming integration activities. Partner with Head of M&A and Integrations and PerkinElmer Executive Leadership Team (ELT) on evolving the initial Global Integrations charter as well as collaborating with ongoing dedicated/semi-dedicated resource needs to support the actual integration execution.
- Serve as the visible subject matter expert of Integrations globally, proactively learning our systems, processes and prior integration successes and development areas while also serving as a Change Management champion and mentor to junior members of the team
- Develop and champion the evolution of integration “playbooks” with alignment between functions, segments and regions relative to full (“heavy”), hybrid (“medium”) or standalone (“light”) integration approaches for the first 24 months after acquisition: (i) onboard and support integration leaders to tailor the chosen playbook to the specific value drivers of the acquisition; (ii) work bi-directionally with the target company to agree on the playbook and most important connections to be made over the first 90-, 120-, 180- and 365-day periods; and (iii) lead project management as required, particularly on smaller acquisitions which may not have a dedicated integration leader
- Develop and drive executive and broader integration stakeholder governance and communications mechanisms: (i) develop monthly/quarterly report out template based upon deal value drivers, financial performance, and help/investments needed; and (ii) include periodic retrospectives which include input from the acquired companies
- Partner with Strategy & BD team on integration planning during due diligence
- Proactively benchmark other corporate integration team competencies and approach to continuously improve our approach and align to best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, administration or economics;
- 5 plus years’ work experience in Corporate Development, Business Transformation or Consulting roles, with demonstrated experience across multiple M&A deal processes and subsequent integrations
- MBA is desirable
- Experience within Healthcare, Life Science and/or Diagnostics industries preferred
- Excellent oral/written communication with demonstrated experience in PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Proven ability to effectively work within teams in a fast-paced, high-growth and matrixed organization; adept at using networks & interpersonal skills to influence and support change
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."