Lab Instrument Logistics Specialist-Spring House, PAApply Now
- Waltham, MA
This position is located in Spring House, PA
Provide active “high touch” support for the scientist community of designated functional group(s) at designated account and general administrative support for the on-site service engineers and technicians. Coordinate and communicate with end users regarding all aspects of OneSource Asset Management program, inventory data integrity, escorting of vendors for “managed” activities, safety and day-to-day lab operations.
Core Job Duties:
Coordinates the transfer of any redeployed assets to specified site, local or remote. Any facilities work, or OEM involvement will also be initiated by the Disposition Coordinator.
Core Job Duties:
Coordinates the transportation of instruments to the Client lab site, including safe de-crating to prevent instrument damage. Updates SAP records to ensure complete and accurate visibility to instrument delivery and installation data.
Manage all communication, documentation, and data associated with dispostion process using SAP, Excel, SharePoint Sites, and Scientific Work Management Streams (SWMS) sites.
- Tagging of newly found Non-Capital instruments in labs.
- Check-in and check-out service providers on site.
- Expedite service from OEM and third-party service providers and execute escalation procedures as necessary.
- Coordination of instrument disposition.
- Act as back-up to Asset OnBoarding Coordinator for LAMP program.
- Enter data into SAP system, including work order and purchase order creation as well as accurate asset information.
- Open Facility service orders to minimize delays in service.
- Interact and communicate with client personnel via face-to-face, telephone and email.
- Accountable for SAP data integrity through Move-Add-Change Process (MAC) and continuous inventory checks.
- Perform re-inventories.
- Strong Project Management capabilities including data reporting and asset tracking.
- Ability to communicate status of projects clearly and concisely in verbal and written formats.
Laboratory setting as well as need to spend time in/around loading dock areas.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- College degree or equivalent education and work experience.
- Two or more years of administrative and customer service experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical R&D chemistry lab operations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide customer service via face-to-face, telephone and email
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in use of SAP / Maximo systems preferred and MS Office Suite, with advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize multi requests with different levels of urgency.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accurate data entry.
Active in lab environment; use of phone and computer.
The employee will regularly be required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific Position Duties
Work closely with Client facility and laboratory personnel.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams