Insurance Billing & Compliance Leader
ResponsibilitiesLocation Waltham, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-014893
Insurance Billing & Contracts Leader
Insurance Billing & Contracts leader will be responsible for developing billing process policies and procedures consistent with medical and clinical laboratory practices and applicable law and regulation, and providing training and compliance support for same. Additionally, will be responsible for reviewing and negotiating medical insurance payor contracts, service provider contracts relating to billing and/or collection processes. Familiarity with False Claims Act and Anti-Kickback Statute strongly desired.
- Ensure consistency of contract terms
- Review service contracts with customers
- Review service contracts from vendors
- Review and negotiate insurance payor contracts
- Coordinate cross-functional (legal, finance, lab management) for customer and contract review and compliance efforts
- Understand and adhere to Lab Service agreements
- Liaison between Insurance companies to reconcile billing terms and complex billing situations
- Understand and adhere to billing terms from Insurance carriers
- Develop standard and compliant billing practices to ensure accountability to corporate, payor and regulatory requirements
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years in either health insurance billing OR contracts role
- Strong understanding of insurance billing and submission processes and regulations
- Experience in Lab Service OR Medical Diagnostics
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Strong communication skills
- JD preferred
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."