HR Operations AdvisorApply Now
- Waltham, MA
HR Advisor – Job Description / Qualifications
As part of the HR Shared Services team, HR Advisors are an integral component of HR delivery within PerkinElmer, providing thoughtful HR program and process guidance to employees and managers, as well as delivering foundational HR administrative services. Utilizing combined knowledge of Human Resources disciplines, HR policies, processes, and systems, HR Advisors evaluate incoming inquiries/issues and take appropriate action to ensure effective resolution and a positive employee experience. As the primary point of contact for HR service delivery, the HR Shared Services team strives to provide high-quality HR service and continuous process improvement.
Prior experience in human resources is NOT a requirement for consideration. Problem solvers who possess innate technical aptitude, a thoughtful approach to their work and their communications, high levels of emotional intelligence, and a desire to get involved in the people side of an organization, are encouraged to apply.
In addition to competitive compensation and benefits, for those interested in learning a new field or eager to break into HR specifically, the HR Advisor role is a springboard into a future career across the multiple disciplines which collectively constitute human resources (talent acquisition, compensation/benefits, talent manager, HR operations, HR Business Partner, etc.). While you may not come to PerkinElmer with experience in HR today, through on the job training and activities, you will become familiar with fundamental HR support models, activities, and compliance that will be beneficial in advancing a career in this field.
- Engage with new hires to ensure smooth transition from candidate to onboarded employee; including the commencement and review of background screenings, conducting day-1 orientation, and providing thoughtful ongoing support in their acclimation to PerkinElmer.
- Provide foundational human resources support across the full spectrum of HR and HR related disciplines throughout the employee lifecycle, from pre-hire to post-termination. Identify and act to resolve issues and answer inquiries, including those which require engagement with other HR specialists or managers for resolution.
- Provide first-line HR system support to users who need help with Workday and Dayforce (payroll) systems. Identify and action issues and inquiries up to an intermediate level and escalate those requiring expert level support.
- Download, audit, and report on a variety of HR and operations related data in order to identify needed actions and ensure data accuracy.
- Manage employee records (both physical and electronic), ensuring accurate information is included on all records, and that records are appropriately aligned to each employee. Review and respond to employee records requests, as appropriate.
- Conduct system testing and participate in process implementation or improvement activities as assigned by your manager. Identify and notify your manager of any areas of opportunity for improvement, as needed.
- Participate in identifying creative solutions for improving the employee experience and provide support in the operationalization of those solutions as appropriate.
- In collaboration with peers, managers, and other HR specialty areas, assist in the management of the employee HR portal, ensuring relevant information/guides/policies are up- to-date and made available as needed.
- Deliver appropriate, thorough, and thoughtful communications to employees, managers, and other HR team members through multiple channels (in-person, phone, email, instant messenger, etc.)
- Any and all other assignments as provided by your manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or related field; or minimum of 2 years of relevant customer service or HR experience (or related work)
- High levels of emotional intelligence with a customer service approach to supporting and communicating with a geographically and culturally diverse global workforce.
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally, is a requirement.
- Ability to review multiple aspects of a presented situation and thoughtfully consider a combination of known factors in order to identify appropriate actions and resolutions.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to independently achieve goals and complete tasks with minimal supervision. The ability to manage multiple priorities independently and deal with fluctuating levels of demand is also required.
- Well-versed in the use of Microsoft Office products and a demonstrated high aptitude for learning new HR systems, processes, and policies, with a self-driven passion for continuous leaning and improvement.
- Effective at working both independently and as part of a collaborative team with a diverse set of expertise and interests.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, handle situations with appropriate care and compassion, and provide accurate and valuable solutions.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams