Food Portfolio Marketing Leader
Waltham, Massachusetts | Chicago, Illinois | Downers Grove, Illinois | Houston, Texas | Los Angeles, California | New York, New York | Guelph, Canada | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania | Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Québec, Canada
ResponsibilitiesLocation Waltham, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-014728
The Food Marketing Leader is responsible for creating marketing strategy and overseeing its execution for a specific portfolio, (products, services and solutions). This individual works in close collaboration with product management / BU’s. This role is a key player in an organization’s evolution from selling products to solutions; as such, it requires significant internal and external thought leadership and the ability to drive change across a wide variety of functions/roles. This marketing leader role partners closely with the global digital marketing teams to ensure regional needs are covered and an optimal mix of digital channels are leveraged.
- Partners with product managers in the business units to design an aligned set of strategies and tactics to achieve objectives
- Partner with our digital marketing team and be responsible for executing global and regional email campaigns, setting up nurture campaigns, pulling targeted contact lists, setting up personalized email campaigns and preparing analytics.
- Work with customer insight to inform the identification and development of new offerings and programs
- Understand target buyer needs, market trends and the competitive landscape
- Builds the Food portfolio marketing plan to support and grow the business, prioritize and align target audiences, developing effective messaging and building content architecture. Work with Global Campaign team to deliver audience-centric messaging and content for campaigns.
- Support launch planning for new offerings, work to integrate product into broader launch strategy
- Gather data and insight about Food target personas, buyer needs and the purchasing decision process for the product, including key buyer roles
- Work with product management to develop Food product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonate with the buying audience and produce source messaging
- Collaborate with marketing peers and resources to produce relevant content for target buyers
- Assist customer marketing to drive product retention and upsell/cross-sell strategies
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years experience in product or portfolio marketing
- 3-5 year's experience managing direct reports
- Experience working in life or analytical science market
- MBA preferred
- Strong administrative and management skills, business acumen, including the ability to prioritize multiple projects, programs and objectives
- Ability to translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations, conduct market competitor and customer research to gather insights and assess market opportunities
- Ability to create value propositions and messaging strategies
- Ability to link product launches to organizational campaign themes and goals
- Strong writing, communication, presentation development and delivery skills
- Demonstrated skills in messaging and positioning offerings
- Empathetic to buyers, customers, users and sales resources
- Some (<20%) travel to conferences, sales meetings and customer sites
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."