Field Service Engineer LCMS San Francisco, CAApply Now
- Waltham, MA
- San Francisco, CA
- San Jose, CA
This position is located in Northern California
The Field Service Engineer helps PerkinElmer customers enhance the productivity of their laboratory processes and drives high levels of customer satisfaction. The Field Service engineer represents the face of PerkinElmer to the customer and fosters business expansion by providing ‘best-in-class’ responsiveness and professionalism in all customer interactions. This position will support LCMS and Chromatography instruments in the Northern California Territory.
Installation, Maintenance & Repair:
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to the Installation, warranty, and service contract provisions to provide best-in-class service.
- Install, maintain, repair equipment, and verify performance at customer sites.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair technical and operational problems.
- Perform preventive maintenance service at customer sites while maintaining performance criteria.
- Provides technical support in the development and implementation of customer applications and company products.
- Implements new product configurations/software upgrades, installs network devices and/or hardware components/peripherals.
- Conduct on-site enhancements, maintenance and support for new and existing systems.
- Drive the sale of new maintenance agreements, maintenance agreement upgrades and instrument add-ons to existing contracts.
- Encourage customers to purchase training, support, software and field installed computer hardware upgrades.
- Assist and support local sales representative secure new instrument orders.
- Contribute to account profitability through billable labor/travel orders, parts orders, support orders, billable install orders, and consumables.
- Provide appropriate referral to other employees for answers to specific questions or to obtain product information.
- Maintain up to date electronic and repair documentation.
- Perform timely uploads and downloads of required data to ensure the integrity of the service system.
- Accountable for assigned company assets to include: Company vehicle, tools, test equipment, telecommunication equipment, personal service parts inventory, etc.
Continuous Self Development:
- Take an active role in developing technical skills and soft skills to maintain and enhance PerkinElmer’s value proposition to the customer.
- Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development initiatives.
- The ideal candidate will hold a bachelor’s degree in electronics or chemistry. 2-3 years of experience is preferred but not necessary.
- Hands on service skills and oral/written communications skills a must.
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to deal effectively with customers
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to troubleshooting complex systems and subsystems
- Customer ownership
- Continuous development
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule
- Experience with Electronic test equipment
- GMP/GLP compliance rigor and attention to detail
- Instrument Method development experience.
- Training development and execution experience
- Business development/ownership skills
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams