Entry Level Consolidations AccountantApply Now
- Waltham, MA
The Entry Level Consolidations Accountant will be an integral part of the Corporate Accounting team. The key areas of focus will be supporting the monthly close process, reviewing worldwide results and working with sites to make corrections, resolving accounting issues, and preparing global internal financial statements and financial data to support the consolidated external financials. This position also supports cross-functional finance teams across the organization through maintaining reliable financial reporting which requires an understanding of finance and accounting concepts as well as an aptitude for working with financial systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the monthly submission process into Hyperion from 85-90 operating sites globally. Analyze monthly results as they are submitted and identify accounting issues for resolution and correction. Discuss unusual trends with regional controllers and site controllers. Interface with the tax department, business unit finance teams, and the external reporting team. Ensure that accounting and consolidation issues identified in the close are properly resolved.
- Assist in the consolidation of financial statements to generate both internal and external results. Help prepare business unit financials and segment results for external reporting purposes. Understand internal reporting requirements for business unit financials.
- Be the point of contact for the maintenance of the consolidation system and develop global procedures necessary to support external and internal reporting. Work cross-functionally with the FP&A team to understand their objectives and implement changes into the financial reporting system to help achieve finance organization goals. Support internal reporting by working with Data Warehouse teams and FP&A staff.
- Maintain the accuracy of the Data Warehouse used by the finance organization for revenue and prime cost of goods sold for internal reporting. Reconcile the Data Warehouse to the external reporting system on a monthly basis. Analyze high level data and individual transactions to ensure the cost associated with revenue generating transactions are correct. Remedy issues with the data by utilizing critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Perform other duties of similar complexity as directed. This position is a part of PerkinElmer’s Corporate Accounting group, so additional duties could include, but are not limited to, compliance reporting of various types, restating past results for reorganizations, assisting in the integration of new acquisitions, coordinating accounting between sites, and assisting auditors.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- 2 years of accounting or finance experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to allocate time and resources efficiently while focusing on ever-shifting priorities, and continually seeking ways to improve individual/team efficiency
- Self-starter with the ability to take ownership of projects and performing job requirements with minimal oversight and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; Hyperion, SAP, and Business Objects experience is a plus
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams