Director, Strategy and Business Development
ResponsibilitiesLocation Waltham, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-018034
- To play a leading role in a dynamic corporate strategy & M&A team responsible for the evaluation and execution of various M&A and divestiture opportunities, including valuation analytics, due diligence and business case presentations. Additionally, to drive the scoping, analysis and implementation of key, high-value corporate strategy projects.
- Drive global business development initiatives that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy, including wing-to-wing leadership and support of the deal process (e.g. sourcing, modeling, due diligence, negotiating and contracting).
- Proactively collaborate with business unit leadership to refine and articulate business plans and valuation scenarios for various business development opportunities.
- Play a leading role in additional business development activities such as strategy development, research, market analysis and due diligence.
- Pull upon strategy skillset in order to deliver a strong voice and opinion on corporate strategy initiatives and work with SVP & Managing Director to ensure new business development growth opportunities are aligned to strategic priorities
- Prepare and present engaging, crisp and effective PowerPoint slides in support of various presentations to senior management
- Provide analytical thought leadership and lead project management during the deal process, including coordination with all market and functional experts on due diligence and integration workplans as well as negotiation and definitive transaction documents
- Cultivate and drive the culture of continuous improvement and best practice benchmarking
- Mentor and manage junior analysts’ responsibilities on certain business development projects
- Read research reports to apply broad business knowledge and understanding of market dynamics to identify opportunities for growth or operational excellence
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, mathematics or economics
- Over 5 years work experience in Corporate Development, Investment Banking and/or Consulting, with demonstrated experience across the full M&A deal process
- MBA is highly desirable
- Experience within Healthcare, Life Science and/or Diagnostics industries preferred
- Strong analytical and complex problem-solving skills, deal modeling/valuation expertise
- Excellent oral/written communication with demonstrated experience in PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Proven ability to effectively work within teams in a fast-paced, high-growth and matrixed organization
·Adept at using networks & interpersonal skills to support change
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."