Director, IT - S4 Hana Implementation, Americas Commercial, Global Operations, ERP, Finance & Service Solutions
ResponsibilitiesLocation Waltham, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-016737
As Director, IT Americas Commercial, Global Operations, ERP, Finance & Service Solutions you will facilitate the prioritization and creation of business IT capabilities. The BRM will engage with business and IT stakeholders to develop and maintain strategic IT roadmaps for select business units or functions. This role also will collaborate closely with business colleagues in project portfolio management processes, including ownership of the project prioritization process for your function and the representation of your assigned business(es) in the annual IT budget process. The BRM will work closely with delivery teams to ensure timely delivery of projects and support of applications. The BRM will be accountable to the business for delivery of technology solutions, and also accountable to the delivery teams for ensuring projects are ready for delivery teams to work on. In addition to these responsibilities, you will serve as escalation point for IT related-issues for your assigned business(es), and engage with Enterprise Architecture to align business requirements and the PerkinElmer technology roadmap. You also will perform market research and identification of technology trends to support needed business capabilities and provide the business timely and accurate visibility into IT service offerings, projects, operations and resources. You will actively participate in business planning cycles and business reviews, and proactively identify opportunities for the business to leverage technology to enable growth.
- Facilitate discussions with the business to help them understand potential IT solutions.
- Ongoing management of business prioritization process for technology.
- Engage with architecture roles to propose alternative solutions to the business.
- Accountable to delivery teams for readiness.
- Ensure integration of enterprise architecture, security & compliance requirements into IT services & projects.
- Manage relationships with Product Owners from Agile Scrum Teams.
- Ensure that user stories reflect desired business outcomes.
- Deliver business results within budget & deliver expected ROI on IT investments.
- Deliver internal & external customer satisfaction.
- A Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business, or related.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience working in a global IT organization with increasing responsibilities.
- 10 plus years of Information Technology management experience in a Life Sciences or related business context.
- Experience with S4 Hana
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Strong facilitation, influencing and negotiation skills as well as emotional maturity.
- Experience with and understanding of Agile scrum delivery methodology.
- Full understanding of software lifecycle management.
- Proven ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Experience partnering with vendors and consultants.
- Ability to facilitate and influence diverse viewpoints toward a common goal.
- Strong understanding of existing and emerging technologies.
- Awareness of and ability to engage specialized IT functions (Security, Infrastructure, Compliance, Customer Experience).
- Ability to effectively translate business needs into technology requirements.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."