Director Finance Global OperationsApply Now
- Waltham, MA
An integral member of the Global Operations Finance team, the Director of Finance is responsible for providing timely, relevant and accurate planning, reporting and analysis of PerkinElmer’s Global Operations organization. This role reports to the Vice President of Finance & CFO of Global Operations and plays a key role in supporting senior leadership while partnering across the company’s supply chain organization.
The successful candidate will improve overall visibility of business drivers and insights, serving as a catalyst for informed decision making through proactive analytics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Decision Support activities of the Global Operations Finance team, driving standard analytics across the company’s manufacturing sites and central functions such as Sourcing, Transportation and Logistics.
- Lead a team of three including two direct reports and influence the global team of twenty-five finance professionals.
- Drive operating leaders to deliver financial commitments.
- Perform timely and accurate consolidation and reporting of actual results, prepare monthly forecasts.
- Drive the annual operating plan process within Global Operations.
- Standardize financial planning, reporting and analysis, fully leverage financial systems and create meaningful KPIs to track business performance.
- Deliver monthly and quarterly management reporting package and relevant financial analysis while identifying business drivers and variances to plan, prior year, and prior quarter. Analyze current and past trends and develop key performance indicators.
- Ensure the integrity and consistency of financial data across the various financial reporting systems and processes.
- Demonstrate insightful and proactive use of financial analysis techniques, tools, systems and concepts enabling strategic partnering to senior/business leaders in order to drive business results.
- Optimize processes, systems and tools for reporting and analyzing key business drivers.
- Coordinate monthly and quarterly financial close and reporting within Global Operations and between Corporate FP&A and Corporate Accounting.
- Manage and develop staff and build strong collaborations across the company.
- Partner with Corporate functions to ensure compliance with corporate policies, and alignment of processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance with 10 to 15 years of related business experience with demonstrated record of success.
- Proven interpersonal and team skills. Effectively communicates, influences, and engages all levels of the organization.
- Translates technical decisions/strategies into business terms and implications; produces clear, understandable documentation geared for all audiences.
- Demonstrated business acumen including process orientation, systems integration and strategic thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and build teams.
- Demonstrated quantitative analytical and accounting skills required.
- A very strong proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office applications.
A strong proficiency with financial systems (Hyperion, S
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams