Desktop Support SpecialistApply Now
- Waltham, MA
- Tarrytown, Westchester County, NY
Position Title: Desktop Support (Lab Computing) Specialist
Location: Tarrytown, NY
Type of Assignment: Fulltime
- The OneSource Lab Computing Service Engineer provides scientific and laboratory services, including multivendor instrument, information technology and validation/compliance services when applicable.
- This role works seamlessly with and supports the other PerkinElmer practices and divisions within the lab computing environment.
Core Job Duties:
- Consult with application vendor to establish where certain data and metadata objects are stored (main data, audit trail, methods, reports, templates, etc.)
- Work with vendors to resolve in application issues/deficiencies that are IT related, such as backup mechanisms, instrument communications, in application failures, conflicts with Antivirus, group policies, etc.
- Setup proper backup strategies for the data objects identified, including the development and deployment of OpenLab ECM archive configuration for specific lab instrument applications.
- Use various IT tools such as windows permissions, active directory, and group policies and adhere to data integrity TO SOP-0484. If it is not possible, identify those risks and report to project team.
- First time provisioning of a new computer setup including joining to domain. Subsequent support provisioning will be performed by the Client ‘Site IT’ team at the applicable sites.
- Build and deploy computers for instruments and set up on the Network. Work with infrastructure teams that build server architecture for client/server applications.
- Installations/re-installation of applications on client/server applications or in break/fix situations where vendor allows.
- Executing qualification and validation protocols on networks servers and support systems.
- Provide all content for Installation Qualification and System Design/Configuration Specifications (SDCS).
- Provide content for Function Requirement Specification (FRS)
- Ensure disaster recovery process is documented within combination of SDCS, System Admin SOP and Operation and Maintenance SOP (O&M).
- Author System Admin SOP
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Life Science or equivalent industry experience
- 2+ years of relevant technical experience including (but not limited to); Windows technologies, networking, remote computing and backup systems
- Experience with virtual machine support
- Experience with scientific instrumentation
- Experience with validation tasks and technical writing
- Excellent customer service skills complimented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex instrument and technology issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify, track and complete tasks for multiple projects under prescribed timeframes.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or customer’s site safety code.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams