Consolidations Accountant- Hybrid- Massachusetts
Waltham, Massachusetts | Augusta, Maine | Boston, Massachusetts | Concord, New Hampshire | Hartford, Connecticut | Providence, Rhode Island
As a member of the Global Finance team, you’ll be on the forefront of key finance initiatives and gain exposure to a wide array of financial responsibilities. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and join a team committed to driving value at a $3 billion global leader on the front lines of making our world a safer place. It takes strategic thinking and a drive for high performance, process simplification and financial accuracy. But if you can bring that, you can help make a real impact.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in finance at PerkinElmer.
- Team player
Driving increased awareness on employee expectations, prioritizing career development and developing a deeper talent pipeline
Responsible for building a training library to further develop, expand and refine our financial skillsets and leadership capabilities
Technology & Process
Developing the desired technology roadmap for finance to streamline processes, enhance financial analysis and drive company results
Increasing the Finance community camaraderie, developing a “One Team” culture and engaging employees through more than just work
I never thought I would learn as much as I have over the past year. I attribute this to my peers and senior leadership, without whom would not have been possible. I’m so grateful to be working in a company with a culture that promotes career development and collaboration.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Waltham, Massachusetts, Augusta, Maine, Boston, Massachusetts, Concord, New Hampshire, Hartford, Connecticut, Providence, Rhode Island Status Regular Job ID JR-033385
**Must be able available to commute to Waltham, MA several times a month for meetings**
The ideal candidate would have 2-3 years of accounting experience with knowledge or interest in financial/accounting systems. In this role, the individual would have an opportunity to expand and combine these skills to help support and maintain existing financial systems, upgrade/implement new accounting systems and improve the company’s overall reporting capabilities.
The Consolidations Accountant will also have a variety of accounting responsibilities in areas such as month-end close, account analysis and reconciliation, and corporate consolidations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the monthly submission process into Hyperion from 85-90 operating sites globally. Analyze monthly results as they are submitted and identify accounting issues for resolution and correction. Discuss unusual trends with regional controllers and site controllers. Interface with the tax department, business unit finance teams, and the external reporting team. Ensure that accounting and consolidation issues identified in the close are properly resolved.
- Identify and track issues in the consolidations system (Hyperion HFM), trouble-shoot possible causes and recommend solutions to drive resolution.
- Provide support as required for annual audit and quarterly reviews with external auditors.
- Respond to inquiries from teams outside Corporate Accounting, including Finance, Treasury and Tax.
- Support system integration projects related to changing business requirements, including mergers/acquisitions and restructuring.
- Assist with defining finance requirements and implementation of new functionality for upcoming HFM upgrade.
- Organize and manage quarterly site balance sheet reviews to identify and discuss accounting issues each quarter. Work with the Chief Accounting Officer and Senior Director of Accounting to identify issues for action and manage the resolution of issues identified.
- Work cross-functionally with the FP&A team to understand their objectives and implement changes into the Consolidation and Planning systems to help achieve finance organization goals. Support internal reporting by working with Data Warehouse teams and FP&A staff.
- Perform other duties of similar complexity as directed. This position is a part of PerkinElmer’s corporate accounting group, so additional duties could include, but are not limited to, compliance reporting of various types, restating past results for reorganizations, assisting in the integration of new acquisitions, coordinating accounting between sites, and assisting auditors.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of accounting experience.
- Master's degree in Accounting
- Understanding of US GAAP. Experience with recording entries in SAP or another accounting system a plus. Hyperion or equivalent consolidation and reporting software a plus.
- Understanding of regional requirements and their impact on the consolidation of USGAAP results. Previous reporting system administration experience preferred.
- Experience with Consolidation Systems, Budgeting Systems, and Data Warehouse Systems a plus.
- This position requires frequent communications with External Auditors, Operating Site Controllers, Regional Controllers, the Chief Accounting Officer, the VP of FP&A, Business Unit CFOs and the rest of the FP&A team. Effective verbal and written communication, and the ability to translate technical decisions/strategies into business terms and implications is of key importance.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams