Strategic Global Learning Manager
Waltham, Massachusetts, Hopkinton, Massachusetts
We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants. PerkinElmer is looking for a motivated, proven and experienced sales professional to expand our growth in the life science arena. If you are entrepreneurial and enjoy selling capital equipment by employing a consultative sales approach utilizing various organizational assets with the ability to understand scientific application and supporting technology than this is a great opportunity for you.
What makes a successful ‘sales specialist’ at PerkinElmer?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener 10
- Strategic 10
- Problem-solver 9
- Mediator 8
- Results-driven 7
- Quick-thinking 6
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Skilled presenter
It Starts with a Mission
Our quest to improve life goes back to our earliest innovators, but the challenges we face today have never been greater.
At PerkinElmer our mission is to innovate for a healthier world, and it starts with our exceptional employees.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Holidays and Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
- Waltham, MA
- Hopkinton, MA
Reporting to the VP/GM Global Marketing & Commercial Enablement organization, the Strategic Global Learning Manager is responsible for establishing foundational training curriculum for global employees. Training curriculum is based on the specificities of their role, in partnership with leaders in the business segments and human resources. He/she establishes additional learning mechanisms to maximize best practice sharing and adoption. He/she ensures that the Commercial global employees benefit from the relevant development opportunities, based on aspirations, capabilities & organizational needs.
Primary locations include: Waltham, MA, Hopkinton, MA, or Shelton, CT
- In partnership with the Regions, identify the global foundational training requirements – soft & technical skills – for each Commercial job type.
- Coordinate content production with the Segments, Functions & the HR Learning Team, and oversee strategic Field-related training vendor partnership globally.
- Lead the global learning design approach to reach out to a widely dispersed multi-generational audience and partner with the HR Learning team to identify the best vehicles to maximize learning. Assist with the roll out & adoption of such tools.
- Together with the segments and the HR Learning team, establish the global governance mechanisms to refresh training content and/or curriculum at the appropriate frequency.
- Partner with Learning & Development / IT to automate curriculum completion in our Learning Management System.
- Monitor quantity & quality of training delivered across the Commercial teams globally and work with the various stakeholders to improve where needed.
Strategic communication and best practice sharing and adoption
- Review & drive any strategic communication of the Global Marketing & Commercial Enablement team related to processes, operating framework, guidelines, etc.
- Collect Commercial best practices globally in areas such as forecast accuracy, tool usage, analytics usage, learning opportunity, marketing etc.
- Showcase these practices to the relevant audience, across the globe.
Talent development opportunities
- Partner with the Talent & Learning team to influence the criteria for global Commercial nominations to Corporate development programs & prioritize these nominations where needed
- Identify any global development needs and partner with the relevant stakeholders to get them addressed.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-10+ years' experience in Talent Development, HR, and/or operations
- Progressive Learning Leader who understands the challenges of our Commercial teams, existing and future development needs, and knows how to solve challenges with a vastly distributed workforce.
- 10+ years of education and experience in Global Learning, with a Commercial environment.
- Proven expertise in adult-learning principles.
- Strong global, multi-cultural leadership. Foster collaboration and teamwork in a complex, fast-paced, changing environment to deliver value-added results to the organization. Collaborate well with all PKI organizations.
- Attract, develop and maintain top talent / performing teams. Execute management through coaching.
- Commercial acumen – understand what is required to deliver an exceptional customer experience in any critical touchpoint i.e. sales, sales support, service etc.
- Understand the adult-learning principles and how best to apply them most effectively across a multi-generation commercial workforce.
- Knowledgeable about the appropriate vehicles to drive learning adoption for field-based employees.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication / presentation skills in verbal and written communications, following generally accepted rules of style and form.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and total rewards package
- World-class benefits package and no waiting period for health benefits
- Corporate location amenities include: Free Gym, Free Parking, full-service cafe
- Amazing corporate culture that is collaborative and diverse
- Opportunities for career mobility
Why PerkinElmer? Here are some of the ways we're helping to make a difference:
More effective medicines: Our technologies and expertise were instrumental in the development of 22 of the newest therapeutic drugs
Better treatments: Our advances in digital imaging technology are improving cancer treatment for over 1 million people every year
A cleaner and safer environment: Each year, our detection solutions are used to analyze approximately 2.25 billion air, water and soil samples—reducing the risk of contaminants
Healthier babies: Our neonatal and newborn screening technologies have helped screen 413 million babies worldwide for a variety of life-threatening diseases
More informed scientific decisions: We are leaders in informatics, providing over 2 million scientists worldwide with our electronic laboratory notebooks (ELN) and software
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams