Cloud Network Engineer - Remote Option
Boston, Massachusetts | Guelph, Canada | Kitchener, Canada | , Canada
ResponsibilitiesLocation Boston, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-021034
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers’ scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer is seeking a Cloud Network Engineer who will be part of the on-call support team for the new Fortinet IPS firewall system for SaaS production. The network engineer is part of the Cloud Security team supporting production endpoints, vulnerability scanning, and firewall configurations. This role will work with internal PerkinElmer teams across the organization to remediate and solve network and security vulnerability issues.
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of networking to include routing, switching, firewall (stateful/stateless), network monitoring, and management.
- Expertise in designing, configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting these various technologies and protocols.
- Expertise with Amazon Web Services (AWS) demonstrating experience designing, configuring, provisioning, and deploying solutions specifically at the network layer.
- Excellent ability to collaborate with other IT disciplines (e.g. Storage, Platform, Application) to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Drive enhancements through full life cycle from concept to final implementation and support
- Participate in disaster recovery development, exercises, and actual events.
- Collaborate with staff to support quality and maintainable systems.
- Contribute directly to the technical work of one or more projects.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and assist in resolving issues outside normal business hours.
- Maintain systems and documentation as needed for audits and compliance.
- Engineering Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of network configuration protocols – NETCONF, YANG, REST-CONF, etc.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (i.e. Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Experience working with AWS.
- Cloud (AWS), Cisco, Juniper, Security+ certifications preferred
- Experience working and integrating open-source frameworks/products as well as deploying open-source packages and/or application stacks into environment with multi-core, multithreaded, and distributed systems
- Software-Defined Network (SDN) and Software-Defined WAN (SDWAN) deployment experience
- Fortinet experience a plus
*Remote Option is available, and the ideal candidate will work in the Eastern or Central US Time Zones to support the business
Paid Vacation, holiday, and sick time
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
Pension/RRSP Contributions (CAN)
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."