Billing RepresentativeApply Now
- Waltham, MA
ViaCord, a Division of PerkinElmer, provides umbilical cord blood preservation services for expectant families. Cord blood is a valuable source of non-controversial stem cells; the building blocks of our blood and immune systems. Cord blood stem cells saves lives today and medical researchers are exploring new uses for umbilical cord blood stem cells for tomorrow, including diabetes, heart disease, and stroke. www.viacord.com.
Location: Waltham, MA (ViaCord Division)
Hours: M-F: 9am-6:00pm
As a key member of our finance team you will be responsible for providing customer service and support to our customer base for their financial inquiries. This includes addressing client’s overdue payments, researching payment discrepancies, reviewing and processing adjustment requests, and providing feedback to clients using written and verbal communication skills. In this role you will process a high volume of inbound and outbound calls.
- Utilize strong verbal communication and customer service skills to respond to customer inquiries and handle various requests regarding changes in account and billing details
- Able to manage difficult customer issues while working in a fast paced environment
- Facilitate collections of Accounts Receivable via phone or email.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding accounts, research, and contact customers as necessary in order to update accounts.
- Consistently handle confidential information, multiple tasks and exercise good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Assists in other areas of the Finance department as requested.
- Process collection calls (60-80 daily) on overdue receivables between 30-120 days delinquent.
- 1-3 years of collections or call center experience in a consumer environment preferred.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Organizational, negotiation, and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of consumer collection policies and practices preferred.
- Strong knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Skip tracing and locate skills a plus.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and handle difficult customer issues.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams