Associate Scientific Services Specialist, Lab TechnicianApply Now
- Waltham, MA
Job Title: Associate Scientific Services Specialist, Lab Technician
Location: Boston, MA
Type of Assignment: Full time
- The candidate will conduct laboratory maintenance procedures in compliance with established protocols and in compliance with regulatory and laboratory requirements.
- He or she will work closely with other functional teams, providing critical lab support within the cell culture laboratory environment.
Lab Support Responsibilities
- Maintains suite equipment including, but not limited to: incubators, water baths, and biosafety cabinets. Monitors incubator temperature, CO2 and humidity.
- Responsible for the cleaning, sterilization and equipment functionality.
- Collaborate with Scientific Service and Asset Management teams on-site to coordinate any service-related issues.
- Maintains logs and accurate record keeping of worked performed.
- Develops and innovates continuous improvement, may collaborate with PerkinElmer technology services to implement new solutions.
- High School diploma or higher. Preferably an associate’s degree in life sciences (biology or pharmacology) with 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Background troubleshooting equipment, a plus.
- Familiarity with Excel and Outlook is required.
- Knowledge of word processing, basic spreadsheet and database maintenance and a working knowledge of MS PowerPoint
An ideal candidate should be flexible, adaptable and able to communicate effectively and professionally in a fast paced, multidisciplinary environment.
The overall physical exertion of this position requires:
- Sit or stand 2-3 hours in laboratory areas.
- Walk 2-3 hours within a facility.
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Office work activities, including keyboard, with fingers/hands/arms up to 4 hours.
- Work around moving laboratory equipment and machinery.
- Use of personal protective equipment in laboratory.
- Work with biohazards such as blood borne pathogens.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Employee maybe required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include: Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams