Associate Inside Sales Representative, Hybrid role (3 days onsite)
As a worldwide pioneer of scientific technologies, we provide our customers with advanced detection, imaging, software and services solutions. And it takes a motivated, highly skilled Sales team to make sure those tools get in the hands of the people we can help. Add your consultative approach and experience selling capital equipment to our team, driving product and service transactions to achieve success – and better the world.
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in sales at PerkinElmer.
- Good Listener
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Waltham, Massachusetts Status Regular Job ID JR-026325
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
This is an exciting position as an Associate Inside Sales Representative for our Informatics division. This is a hybrid role that does require you to be onsite in our Waltham office on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays. Monday and Fridays can be remote!
The Associate Inside Sales Representative will act as a lead generation professional working closely with a team of Key Account Sales Specialists, Inside Sales Representatives and the Regional Sales Manager. They will plan and conduct outbound calling and/or correspondence to targeted prospects and clients, and qualify leads generated by the Marketing team. Position partners closely with the regional sales team to effectively drive business in the region. This position plays a key support role and will work closely with the regional sales team to execute a defined outreach strategy to penetrate defined accounts to meet assigned business objectives.
- Work closely with sales team to align daily activities and practices to effectively meet assigned business objectives.
- Communicate effectively over the phone and via email within the context of a highly-professional, technical/clinical sales environment.
- Interprets messages and responds appropriately in a timely manner.
- Ability to identify critical actions and adjust priorities as necessary.
- Document and track all leads, contacts, and activity history consistently and in accordance with best practices within Salesforce.com
- Conduct planning and research using a variety of database, internet, and industry tools.
- Collaborate with the regional sales team on tactics to meet business objectives.
- Demonstrate technical capacity to understand sales tools (Web, database, CRM, Order Management, reports) and be able to effectively articulate technical information in an easily understood manner
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years in a customer service/telemarketing role
- Degree in a life science discipline
- Experience in a life science market place a plus
- Strong analytical and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly-motivated with a winning attitude, thrives in a team environment
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize responsibilities according to business requirements
- This job requires you to be in the Waltham office 3 days a week and work from home 2 days
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams