Americas Channel Manager
Waltham, Massachusetts, Shelton, Connecticut
We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants. PerkinElmer is looking for a motivated, proven and experienced sales professional to expand our growth in the life science arena. If you are entrepreneurial and enjoy selling capital equipment by employing a consultative sales approach utilizing various organizational assets with the ability to understand scientific application and supporting technology than this is a great opportunity for you.
What makes a successful ‘sales specialist’ at PerkinElmer?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener 10
- Strategic 10
- Problem-solver 9
- Mediator 8
- Results-driven 7
- Quick-thinking 6
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Skilled presenter
It Starts with a Mission
Our quest to improve life goes back to our earliest innovators, but the challenges we face today have never been greater.
At PerkinElmer our mission is to innovate for a healthier world, and it starts with our exceptional employees.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Holidays and Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
- Waltham, MA
- Shelton, CT
Title:Americas Channel Partner Manager
Reports To:Vice President and GM Americas Commercial Organization
Location:Waltham, MA or Remote
Reporting directly to the Vice President and GM Americas Commercial Organization, the Americas Channel Partner Manager will be responsible for driving indirect commercial channel planning, strategy, operational support, marketing support, measurement and revenue execution goals in partnership with the Americas Sales Leadership team for the PerkinElmer portfolio. The Americas Channel Partner Manager will need to demonstrate a strong business outcome orientation, an understanding of markets and cultural influences as well as a desire to create a customer experience that is backed by superior performance and channel metrics. This position will be responsible for meeting or exceeding revenue targets established for the Americas indirect channel.
This position will collaborate with key stakeholders and internal business partners such as Sales, Sales Operations, Customer Care, Marketing, Segment Management and IT to drive profitable wallet share within target end markets. The position requires tactical agility and leadership skills with a strong bias toward delivery; strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills, operational strength, the ability to challenge the status quo and drive innovative thinking, and the capability to successfully manage and implement multiple projects simultaneously.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, implement and consistently utilize a channel sales management strategy and territory planning process that effectively communicates channel sales organizational expectations and drives performance results. The channel sales and territory planning process will be the foundation of the channel sales management and organization’s direction.
- Modify, develop and implement distribution channel sales policies, procedures and systems that are balanced in respect of the customers business requirements and the company’s operational and financial performance
- Establish KPI’s to drive productivity with partners
- Review of current partnerships and coverage models for all indirect channels globally
- Establishment of new channel partners and overseeing the on-boarding process
- Initiate and implement channel marketing plans with PKI marketing partners
- Provide and/or facilitate training, operational support and sales enablement with sales teams within the channel partner
- Ensure accuracy of all channel activity reporting inclusive of revenue forecasts
- Execute monthly business reviews with channel partners to review KPI’s
- Collaborate with regional sales leaders to set and manage revenue targets
- Provide quantified feedback to the marketing team on the success of sales promotions
- Addressing customer service issues as raised by the channel partner
- Identifying new markets and criteria to identify and sign new partners to maximize penetration and profitability
- Review of contractual terms within agreement to drive adherence and contract life cycle management and regional consistency.
Leadership and Management Responsibilities:
- Grow market share through channel sales planning, execution and performance measurement in collaboration with regional Sales Management teams
- Provide organizational leadership to channel sales people and channel sales force(s) by clearly articulating expectations and managing through accountability for results
- Understand the principal business requirements most important to the channel customer, and implement goal setting for sales management and its channel sales organization to deliver on those business requirements
Sales Channel Management and Sales Partnership Responsibilities:
- Implement a clearly articulated channel sales organization measurement and performance tool that is reviewed consistently to assess channel partner performance and is used as a feedback mechanism with channel partners. The performance tool and process should result in channel partners understanding how they are performing to expectations, and as importantly, be the primary tool used by channel sales management to draw conclusions and make decisions on upgrading sales agency representation in under-performing territories. This repeatable process of sales organization expectations, performance and improvement actions is designed with the intention of developing the industry’s leading sales organization. The process must include a vehicle and responsibility for properly communicating under performance, actions and results required and a process of upgrading representation when then improvements are not realized
- Develop and manage channel practices and guidelines for Regional Sales Managers making decisions on how to allocate incentive programs and investments in channel customers
- Responsible for measuring channel customer profitability and implementing actions to address margin deterioration by channel / account
- In coordination with the PKI marketing function, develop channel marketing programs and promotions that are intended to drive channel sales and market share growth, which are consistent with the PerkinElmer marketing plan and brand development
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- MBA preferred, BS degree required.
- 5-10 years of sales experience in a product-based business preferred
- Team player and self-starter with strong interpersonal and solution-oriented attitude, and an ability effectively operate with flexibility in a fast paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information and see the big picture while effectively managing details.
- Excellent presentation skills. Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills required. Spanish and/or Portuguese as a second language preferred.
- Ability to define projects and execute within timelines and with multiple Global stakeholders. Proven ability to deliver projects on time and to budget.
- Analytically minded, logical thinker with strong problem solving skills and ability to make trade-offs.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally and cross-geography with all levels of management.
- Knowledge of large scale program/project management methods
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
- Willing to travel up to 60%. Ability to travel internationally.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams