Test TechniciansApply Now
- Llantrisant, Rhondda Cynon Taf, Wales
Preferably we’re looking for an experienced technician who will be responsible for the build and test of production laser instruments for a variety of field applications. The position requires, although not essential, experience in laser assembly, diagnostics, and test and reporting to the Manufacturing product leader.
The role requires proficiency in the following disciplines:
- Diagnostics and development testing methods of pre-production prototypes and production capable instruments in a low output, high value environment to help achieve strict manufacturing output deadlines.
- Be able to support the technical team based within that department.
- A logical and structured individual with an engineering approach to problem solving, use and application of problem solving tools and techniques/methodologies such as Six Sigma methodologies would be beneficial.
- Ownership of performance metrics.
Preferred Candidate will have the following:
- Scientific/Manufacturing/engineering background.
- A capability in the use and application of lean manufacturing/process improvement tools and techniques.
- Ideally exposure to Six Sigma.
- City and Guilds, HNC etc. or higher qualification in an engineering discipline
- Commercially astute - able to see the bigger picture.
- Able to motivate positive attitude in others.
- Comfortable in a hands on role within a strong team culture
- IT literate.
Additional preferred skills:
Can apply fundamental engineering principles.
Excellent communication skills.
Prepared to travel worldwide for customer installs, technical reviews etc. if needed.
Tenacious and with the enthusiasm, drive and commitment to go the extra mile in exceeding the customer’s expectations.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams