Quality EngineerApply Now
- Llantrisant, Rhondda Cynon Taf, Wales
Reporting directly to the Quality Leader onsite, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading and driving the implementation of robust containments actions and vendor improvement programs during both the New Product Development and Manufacturing processes, to deliver and drive our supplier chain towards fully validated problem resolution.
The individual will:
- Support new product development (NPD) and transfer activities from concept through to launch. Providing data and input into key stages of the New Product Development (NPD) processes.
- Establish, maintain and execute by means of evaluating,(including site auditing); the quality aspects of vendor control to maintain a compliant approved external supply base in the best commercial interests of the company.
- Co-ordination, review and approval of internal and external component qualification, including coordinating metrology, measurement system analysis and capability assessments to ensure on-going confidence that all externally supplied componentry meets predefined design requirements, in a documented manner.
- Co-ordinate the supplier corrective action request system to ensure the timely resolution and closure of vendor related quality issues.
- Support vendor communication and improvement activity, using problem solving tools, to continuously improve the quality and cost of vendor supplied product and service.
- Compile and interpret metrics relating to vendors quality performance; to support provision of vendor performance analysis to top management.
- Take an active role in supplier selection.
- Improving Supplier Relationships and working with their teams to achieve Business requirements
- Lead and resolve product / parts concerns through a thorough Root cause analysis, an immediate implementation of containment action(s) and a timely Supplier verification of the permanent corrective action.
- Looking at trends and impacts on the business.
- Manage and co-ordinate cross-functional working teams as required to improve supplier related quality issues.
- The successful candidate will be expected to visit suppliers to assist in problem solving and validate solutions. (UK and Overseas Travel may be required)
What you’ll need:
- HND equivalent calibre in Quality and /or Engineering background.
- Lead Auditor qualification (ISO 9000) desired. ISO13485 would be advantageous
- Understanding of Six Sigma methodology is an advantage
- Proven problem-solving ability and can demonstrate working knowledge of problem solving methodologies. (5 whys, Fishbone, Cause and effect etc)
- Ability to interpret; technical standards, technical drawings and specifications with a good understanding of metrology and other measurement considerations.
- Experience of a quickly evolving environment with cross functional team working Ability to understand complex issues and to clearly communicate key messages.
- Meticulous organization and project planning skills.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams