Wet Lab Manager (PM Start, Swing Shift)
ResponsibilitiesLocation Valencia, CaliforniaUS Job ID JR-018037
Provide daily technical and operational supervision of a high throughput clinical laboratory including oversight of laboratory technologists, technical trouble-shooting of validation and testing processes, review of results, develop and write operational procedures, monitor laboratory key performance indicators, quality metrics and the QC program, report quality events to the laboratory director and to quality management, and provide regulatory, due diligence and internal auditing support.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer is seeking a Manager, Laboratory Services who will provide daily technical and operational supervision of a high throughput clinical laboratory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical test process and evaluate results produced relative to the diagnostic assessment.
• Evaluate data for accuracy and verify any questionable finding with proper documentation, thorough investigation, and appropriate follow-through: ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance (quality controls) are maintained through the testing process and that patient results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and test system is functioning properly.
•Assist with designing processes and procedures to ensure efficient turn-around time and accuracy of results.
• Prepare and manage laboratory budget.
• Coach and mentor staff on technical expertise, identify training needs, assure that technical staff receive regular in-service training and education appropriate for the type of tasks performed and evaluate employee competency.
• Engage in continuous process and service improvement.
• Ensure safety and security in the work environment related to all daily activities, and immediately address any potential safety hazards.
• Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
• Ensure all work is in accordance with state and Federal regulations, organizational policy, and accreditation/compliance requirements.
• Assist in maintaining regulatory agency standards and regulations.
• Performing bench work and other duties as required including shift work.
• Review and sign off all final paperwork on IQ/OQ/PQs.
• Maintain good communication with leadership, team members and customers.
• Other duties as assigned.
Must meet qualifications established by CLIA for either:
Technical Supervisor CFR Subpart M §493.1449
MD or PhD, MS, BS Degree in chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology AND Have experience in both Microbiology and Virology dependent on level of education:
MD: at least one year of clinical lab training or experience in high complexity testing in microbiology with a minimum of 6 months experience in virology unless board certified in clinical and anatomical pathology;
PhD: at least one year of clinical laboratory training or experience in high complexity testing in microbiology with a minimum of 6 months experience in virology;
MS: at least two years of clinical laboratory training or experience in high complexity testing in microbiology with a minimum of 6 months experience in virology;
BS: at least 4 years of clinical laboratory training or experience in high complexity testing in microbiology with a minimum of 6 months experience in virology. AND
Minimum one (1) year clinical molecular biology experience. AND
Previous Supervisory/Management experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
General Supervisor CFR Subpart M § 493.1461
MD or PhD, MS, BS Degree in chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology AND
Minimum one (1) year laboratory training or experience, or both in high complexity testing. AND
Minimum one (1) year clinical molecular biology experience. AND
• Laboratory Personnel License Certification (e.g. CLS, ACSP, ASCPi, AAB, AMT, MTE).
• 5+ years experience in clinical molecular diagnostics testing.
• Must be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to troubleshoot technical applications and work independently under pressure of deadlines and a fast paced, high throughput team environment.
• Practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures.
• Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation highly desired.
• Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines.
• Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear personal protective equipment including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
• Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
• Weekend rotation may be required.
• Travel is not required.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab.
• Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment.
• Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
• Able to lift boxes up to 25 pounds.
•Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
PerkinElmer is a $2.9 billion global company committed to innovating for a healthier world. We create the instruments, tests and software used by scientists, researchers and clinicians to address the most critical challenges across science and healthcare, including the most recent COVID-19 pandemic. We strategically partner with customers to enable earlier, more accurate insights, supported by deep market knowledge and expertise. Our dedicated team of 13,000 employees are passionate about helping them work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life and sustain the wellbeing of people worldwide.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."