Sr Manager Quality - Valencia Branch Lab
ResponsibilitiesLocation Valencia, CaliforniaUS Job ID JR-020451
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
In this role, the Sr Manager Quality for the site of Valencia will provide leadership support to the Laboratory Director, Site Manager, and supervisors on all quality related matters. S/he will develop and implement training and education programs, to educate workers and management on quality processes, standards, and results. S/he will facilitate all review meetings with pertinent business leaders both at the site and within higher levels of PerkinElmer management. A strong candidate for this position will be able to maintain good rapport and communication with leadership, team members and customers while ensuring solid execution of all quality programs.
- Maintains laboratory license as required by CLIA, CAP and local regulations.
- Maintains the quality management system.
- Performs Annual Effectiveness Review.
- Ensures training and competency documentation is up to date by working with Department Leaders.
- Acts as liaison between Regulatory Inspectors and Department Leaders during the preparation for, and performance of Regulatory Inspections by outside agencies.
- Oversees Incident Management reporting.
- Acts as Lab’s administrator for CAP website and proficiency testing programs.
- Works with department managers to ensure proficiency testing is completed and submitted.
- Reviews external audit reports and prepares responses.
- Administrates Medialab Document Control System and ensure SOPs, Trainings and Policies are current versions and assigned appropriately. Notify Department leaders of employee signoffs not completed within deadlines.
- Administrate Medialab SOP, Personnel, and Incident Management modules.
- Review all SOPs, validations, and incident reports to ensure they meet Quality standards and adhere to company guidelines.
- Demonstrates task leadership/ Project management skills with a track record of timely achievement of goals.
- Ensures quality assurance and control of laboratory performance through internal and external audits.
- Works with Department leaders to ensure internal audits are completed.
- Project Management: Plan, initiate and management quality improvement projects.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a heavy science and/or clinical laboratory science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of clinical laboratory experience in a role leading quality activities.
- Extensive knowledge of CLIA, CAP, California quality system principles, concepts, systems, industry practices, and standards to include experience with implementation of new systems.
- Minimum of 2-3 years managerial experience in a CLIA lab environment and strong leadership skills to foster a high performance, teamwork-oriented laboratory environment.
- Previous experience of working in quality in clinical molecular biology or infectious disease testing labs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and high communication proficiency both verbal and written, in technical and non-technical domains. The desire and ability to communicate and mentor is a key component of the role.
- Work collaboratively and in partnership with laboratory operations staff.
- Proven track record of delivering continual positive process improvement in systems and process.
- A good balance of negotiating and influencing skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Good, accurate computer skills.
- Be detail oriented, organized.
- Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines.
- Familiarity with operation of laboratory instruments and applicable computer software.
- Knowledge of FDA quality system regulations.
- Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear personal protective equipment including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
- Weekend rotation may be required.
- Travel is not required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the facility.
- Must have manual dexterity to use computer and other office equipment.
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
- Able to lift boxes up to 25 pounds.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."