Senior Molecular Genetics Scientist
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Valencia, California Status Regular Job ID JR-021923
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer is seeking a Senior Molecular Genetics Scientist who will assist in the research, development, validation and clinical processing of clinical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease within humans.
- Executes experiments in an efficient manner, following all required procedures.
- Maintains proper documentation of all experimentation within a scientific notebook.
- Prepares specimens for analysis and organizes tests to be performed.
- Assists in preparation of scientific documents including standard operating procedures.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure.
- Prepares and properly labels reagents required for laboratory testing.
- Verifies proper instrument function by checking and calibrating lab instruments and documents data.
- Participates in the training of new employees.
- Sustains a scientific curiosity, exploring literature to assist with experimental design and further develop laboratory skills.
- Abides by laboratory safety policies and procedures.
- The list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be substituted as necessary.
- Bachelors in chemistry, biology, molecular biology or medical technology.
- 5 years data analysis, NGS, qPCR, sequencing, automation experience.
- 3+ years clinical molecular/cytogenetics laboratory experience.
- ASCP certification.
- Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear protective lab gear including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
- Travel is not required.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
Paid Vacation, holiday and sick time
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams