ResponsibilitiesLocation Valencia, CaliforniaUS Job ID JR-027751
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 16,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop a replenishment strategy to optimize product availability while minimizing inventory.
• Enhance product workflow by analyzing and developing logistics plans that affect testing / production, distribution, and inventory.
• Participate in weekly meetings review of supply status
• Execute and review material forecast, internal orders and pipeline inventory
• Facilitate and participate in physical counts
• Review delivery schedules with buyers, and other planners to ensure on time delivery requirements
• Monitor KPIs and identify improvement actions
• Maintain good communication with leadership, team members and customers
• Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
• Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
• Other duties as assigned
• 2+ years’ experience in production planning and distribution
• SAP planning knowledge
• Deep and thorough understanding/use of Excel
• Associate degree or APICS certification preferred
• Be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines
- Associate degree or APICS certification preferred
- Be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines
• Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear personal protective equipment including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
• Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
• Weekend rotation may be required.
• Travel is not required.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab
• Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment
• Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist
• Able to lift boxes up to 25 pounds
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”