ResponsibilitiesLocation Valencia, CaliforniaUS Job ID JR-027174
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 16,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with Site Management and Logistics team to develop and sustain supply chain and functional capability required to support the lab’s mission and contractual obligations to our customer.
• Responsible for implementation of new item pricing in SAP Interface with key functional partners (Global Commodity, Site Management, Finance, and Database Administration) for regular review and recalibration to ensure cost competitiveness.
• Obtain purchased items by forwarding purchase orders to suppliers: monitoring and expediting orders.
• Creates purchasing information by collecting, analysing and summarizing data and trends.
• Manage assigned suppliers, materials and commodities to ensure on-time delivery, high quality items and services, at optimized costs.
• Investigate and negotiate agreements with key suppliers to optimize parts availability and cost.
• Work with planner/logistics to ensure proper inventory levels to the lab’s consumption needs.
• Troubleshoot internal supply issues such as quality, receipts and payment issues.
• Drives efficiency improvements and cost reductions.
• Interfaces with and assists in data management and reporting to support all facets of sourcing and purchasing operations.
• Maintain excellent communication with leadership, team members and customers.
• Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in material procurement.
• SAP knowledge and experience.
• Deep and thorough understanding/use of Excel.
• Bachelors degree.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office – Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
• Self-starter with strong work ethic who can work independently as well as within a team.
• Be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines.
• Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear personal protective equipment including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
• Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
• Weekend rotation may be required.
• Travel is not required.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab.
• Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment.
• Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
• Able to lift boxes up to 25 pounds.
Paid Vacation, holiday and sick time
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
In order to set expectations and to the extent permitted by applicable law, please note that if an applicant is hired for this position, the applicant will be required to prove that the applicant has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire, subject to any qualified religious or medical exemptions. Please note that the employer reserves its rights to mandate additional vaccine requirements at any time.
Blood borne Pathogens Training & Hepatitis B Requirement.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”