Principal Molecular Development Scientist
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Valencia, California Status Regular Job ID JR-019676
Assists in the research, development, and validation of clinical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease within humans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience developing new molecular assays in a clinical molecular laboratory.
- Executes experiments in an efficient manner, following all required procedures.
- Maintains proper documentation of all experimentation within a scientific notebook.
- Prepares specimens for analysis and organizes tests to be performed.
- Assists in preparation of scientific documents including standard operating procedures.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure.
- Prepares and properly labels reagents required for laboratory testing.
- Verifies proper instrument function by checking and calibrating lab instruments and documents data.
- Participates in the training of new employees.
- Sustains a scientific curiosity, exploring literature to assist with experimental design and further develop laboratory skills.
- Abides by laboratory safety policies and procedures.
- The list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be substituted as necessary.
- BSc or Masters in biochemistry, biology, molecular biology or medical technology.
- 8 years NGS, qPCR, sequencing, automation, data analysis, variant analysis experience.
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, biology, molecular biology or molecular genetics.
- 5+ years clinical molecular/cytogenetics laboratory experience.
- Laboratory Personnel License Certification (e.g. CLS, ACSP, ASCPi, AAB, AMT, MTE).
- Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear protective lab gear including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
- Travel is not required.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams