Laboratory Manager - Sign Out, Data Analysis and Results (Overnight Shift)
ResponsibilitiesLocation Valencia, CaliforniaUS Job ID JR-VAL000025
Leads the team analyzing data generated by the clinical laboratory team to provide clinical microbiology molecular testing clinical results.
Duties and Responsibilities: (Refer to Personnel, Training, and Competency (CA-PER-SOP-001)
• Lead and manage team of analysts ensuring quality of results.
• Review test results, maintain legible work records, and enter findings into the laboratory information systems.
• Interpret RT-PCR data and sign out clinical reports.
• Act a clinical expert leading review of queries and anomalies.
• Coach and mentor staff on technical expertise, identify training needs, assure that technical staff receive regular in-service training and education appropriate for the type of tasks performed and evaluate employee competency.
• Engage in continuous process and service improvement. Make and implement recommendations to improve operational efficiency, and accuracy of results.
• Ensure all work is in accordance with state and Federal regulations, organizational policy, and accreditation/compliance requirements.
• Maintain good communication with leadership, team members and customers
• Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
• Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
• Other duties as assigned.
Must meet qualifications established by CLIA for Technical Supervisor: CFR Subpart M §493.1449
• MD or PhD, MS, BS Degree in chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology AND
• Experience in both Microbiology and Virology dependent on level of education:
o MD: at least one year of lab training or experience in high complexity testing in microbiology with a minimum of 6 months experience in virology unless board certified in clinical and anatomical pathology;
o PhD: at least one year of laboratory training or experience in high complexity testing in microbiology with a minimum of 6 months experience in virology;
o MS: at least two years of laboratory training or experience in high complexity testing in microbiology with a minimum of 6 months experience in virology;
o BS: at least 4 years of laboratory training or experience in high complexity testing in microbiology with a minimum of 6 months experience in virology.
• Minimum one year clinical molecular biology experience.
• Previous Supervisory/Management experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
• Knowledgeable of Quality Assurance and Quality Control applications in clinical diagnostics.
• Laboratory Personnel License Certification (e.g. CLS, ACSP, ASCPi, AAB, AMT, MTE).
• 5+ years dexperience in clinical molecular diagnostics testing.
• Must be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to troubleshoot technical applications and work independently under pressure of deadlines and a fast paced, high throughput team environment.
• Practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures.
• Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation highly desired.
• Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines.
• Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear personal protective equipment including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
• Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
• Weekend rotation may be required.
• Travel is not required.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab.
• Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment.
• Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
• Able to lift boxes up to 25 pounds.
Data Reporting Analysts
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
PerkinElmer is a $2.9 billion global company committed to innovating for a healthier world. We create the instruments, tests and software used by scientists, researchers and clinicians to address the most critical challenges across science and healthcare, including the most recent COVID-19 pandemic. We strategically partner with customers to enable earlier, more accurate insights, supported by deep market knowledge and expertise. Our dedicated team of 13,000 employees are passionate about helping them work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life and sustain the wellbeing of people worldwide.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."