IT Systems Support Specialist (Wednesday - Friday 7am - 7pm)
ResponsibilitiesLocation Valencia, CaliforniaUS Job ID JR-027592
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 16,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
Responsible for providing PC and Mac user support, new hire system setups, group metrics and desktop/laptop software evaluations and upgrades. Provides quick response and maximum uptime of all users and performs end user training when necessary. Requires PC system hardware experience in a LAN environment, strong understanding of Windows operating systems, experience with all Microsoft Office Products as well as troubleshooting experience and understanding of PC e-mail.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems and across a range of software applications like Office etc.
• Assist all our users with any IT related incident when called upon.
• Take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
• Accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system.
• Install and configure new IT equipment.
• Resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware.
• Resolve incidents with printers, copiers and scanners.
• Maintain a first-class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
• Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization.
• Create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all staff in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient.
• Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
• Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school Diploma.
• Basic knowledge around IT infrastructure and network.
• Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree.
• 5+ years experience providing Windows support in a corporate environment.
• Experience with enterprise Microsoft technologies such as AD, Office365, Teams, Office, etc.
• Must be great at talking with people and building relationships.
• Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear personal protective equipment including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
• Typical schedule is Wednesday through Friday and every other Saturday 7am to 7pm.
• Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daytime depending on the needs of the laboratory.
• Weekend rotation may be required.
• Travel is not required.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab
• Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment
• Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist
• Able to lift boxes up to 25 pounds
Paid Vacation, holiday and sick time
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
In order to set expectations and to the extent permitted by applicable law, please note that if an applicant is hired for this position, the applicant will be required to prove that the applicant has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire, subject to any qualified religious or medical exemptions. Please note that the employer reserves its rights to mandate additional vaccine requirements at any time.
Blood borne Pathogens Training & Hepatitis B Requirement.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”