Associate Site Leader - CDPH Branch Laboratory Valencia
ResponsibilitiesLocation Valencia, CaliforniaUS Job ID JR-026531
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer is seeking an Associate Site Leader to join our team, and who will report to the Site Leader.
Assist with the management of the clinical testing operation, including security, supply management and safety of all staff on site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Under the direction of the Site Leader, be responsible for the overall management of the operation to include security, supply management and safety of all staff on site.
• Manage all activities and outputs of the Testing Laboratory, ensuring the safety of all staff.
• Support the Site Leader to create a culture of continuous improvement, learning and sharing experiences, and high-quality laboratory outputs.
• Problem-solve and create solutions to complex problems.
• Read and interpret directives and documentation issued.
• Carry out instructions provided in a written, oral or diagram form.
• Record-keeping and ensuring safety regulations and procedures are adhered to.
• Supervisory practices, training and motivating members of the team ensuring to provide support.
• Timely preparation and submission of all reports and returns, as required.
• Ensure all work is in accordance with State and Federal regulations, organizational policy, and accreditation/compliance requirements.
• Maintain good communication with leadership, team members in all areas of the laboratory, and customers.
• Ensure safety and security of the environment in all aspects of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
• Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
• Assists Site Leader with trend analysis of laboratory performance metrics by collecting data and interpreting the elements, and summarization of reports.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree, preferably in a scientific discipline or engineering.
• Proven leadership experience.
• 5-7 years’ experience.
• Demonstrated experience of running a high throughput testing laboratory or manufacturing facility.
• Quality Assurance and with Quality Control applications ideally in clinical diagnostics with knowledge of CLIA and local regulations.
• Applicants must be computer literate with advanced levels of experience using Excel, Word, PowerPoint to generate business reports and presentations.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a supportive nature.
• Flexibility to change tasks as and when required.
• Practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures.
• Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines.
• Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear personal protective equipment including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
• Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
• Typical Schedule will be Tuesday through Saturday 6:00 PM to 2:30 AM.
• Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
• Travel may be required.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab.
• Must be able to physically stand for several hours with good mobility.
• Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”