Associate HR Business Partner
ResponsibilitiesLocation Valencia, CaliforniaUS Job ID JR-027128
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for
better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
The Associate HR Business Partner will provide HR support to the Valencia Branch Lab employees. They will be a part of a unique experience working closely with the business unit while connecting with the broader HR community and HR Centers of Excellence within PerkinElmer. The ideal candidate will contribute by supporting business objectives as well as bring creative and effective ideas and solutions to a fast-paced organization. This position requires the individual to be onsite at our Valencia Branch Lab.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assess existing organization capability to support the business objectives, identify areas requiring focus and design programs to support the areas requiring focus
- Provide meaningful & regular information to the business on the health of the organization using reliable metrics. Work with business leaders to take the relevant actions emerging from informal and formal feedback sessions
- Facilitate regular talent review discussions; identify key talents, meet them and get to know them and provide key inputs to their manager-developed individual development plans; carry-out “stay interview” as needed
- Provides guidance on complex employee relations matters including but not limited to; corrective action, coaching, flexible work arrangement, feedback and performance management
- Coach managers and help them establish best strategies to grow their team members. Ensure managers nurture people development
- First point of contact for Workday and Dayforce system related assistance or questions
- Project management of annual programs to include scheduling, execution, follow-up and employee support for compensation planning, performance reviews, etc.
- Maintain accurate employee records and advise the managers and supervisors of documentation needed in support of standard training procedures, job description development and evaluation processes.
- Supports managers in partnership with Talent Acquisition on the recruitment of talent including equity and compensation reviews to help ensure fair pay within the organization
- On/ Off-boarding - provide onboarding details, support, welcome letters. Help facilitate voluntary exits, involuntary separations, provides coaching to managers on onboarding and backfill process. Lead restructuring process. Prepare costing calculations for employment related actions, ensure points of contacts with employees are made for new employees and exits
- Coordinate volunteer and staff training events or programs and recommend resources as needed
- Bachelor's Degree AND
- A minimum of 2-3 years of Human Resources experience.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree, in a business management and/or human resources
- Skills, Specialized Knowledge and Abilities 2+ years of prior experience working with HRIS systems a must
- Requirements (Physical, Mental, Environmental Demands):
- Effective presentation skills; Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Actively pursues continuous improvement in processes
- Professional demeanor and team player
- Solid understanding of employment laws, employee relations and employee engagement
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Workday HR system knowledge a plus
- Flexible and adaptable to competing priorities
- Limited travel (up to 5% of the time, or as circumstances dictate)
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”